lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2018, 01:26 PM   #1
Sethmac
Getting Wild

Default Proper Ignition Switch Wiring on 2006 Club Car DS

Couldn't find the proper wiring diagram, but my car currently runs regardless of the position of the ignition (on/off) or without a key. Looks like the blue and green wire shouldn't be on the same terminal.

My questions is should the green wire be coupled with the orange/white wire on the terminal pictured? (note picture is turned. The orange/white terminal is facing up in relation to the cart)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7609.jpg (102.9 KB, 0 views)
Sethmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2018, 02:01 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Proper Ignition Switch Wiring on 2006 Club Car DS

Have you are someone else changed something? As wired that way it would be doing it the whole time.

The Blue wire should not be coupled to the Green wire. That is your break point through the switch.

The Orange/White should be running to the Reverse Buzzer and not the key switch.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 03:06 PM   #3
Sethmac
Getting Wild

NoleFan, It was like that when I bought the cart..yes someone had done there own work adding lights incorrectly, etc.... I was able to find the following wiring diagram. It looks to me that they just bypassed the switch, but based on the diagram the orange/white and green go to (1) and the blue goes to (2).

I've just tested and this seems to get everything working as expected with key switch working.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-07-15 at 3.04.43 PM.png (153.9 KB, 0 views)
Sethmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 04:13 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Then you are good to go...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car