lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2019, 10:44 AM   #11
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2014 EZGO TXT Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbass View Post
Thanks Yurtle. I’m going to try the thick plastic first and then may try the metal if I can make the plastic look good.

BBBHC- Thanks for the warning. I had been planning to do Rhino lining, but I’ll do more research. The Raptor coating looks promising. Have you noticed much fading?
My cart has not been outside much as of yet. I can't speak to it's real world longevity, yet. I will say mine has no scratches on it, after having hand saws and other tools laid on it and "accidentally" dragged across it. If you go on YouTube, you can find plenty of videos using bed liners as a paint. What I can not find, is much information on what the different brands look like after a year or longer out in the sun.

In addition, Raptor, and others, have a bed liner that you can paint match, to get the exact color you want.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2019, 10:31 AM   #12
Texasbass
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

BBBHC - I just ordered the red Raptor Coating kit from amazon. I’m trying to decide whether to roll on or spray on. I’ve got the adhesion promoter as well. Let me know if you have an advice. How long did the whole thing take you?
Texasbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:47 AM   #13
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
BBBHC - I just ordered the red Raptor Coating kit from amazon. I’m trying to decide whether to roll on or spray on. I’ve got the adhesion promoter as well. Let me know if you have an advice. How long did the whole thing take you?
Oh wow! You didn't waste any time on that!

Here's a link to the post in my build thread where I talk about it:http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lithi...ml#post1552756

I used a paint brush on the interior of the body, and sprayed the exterior. Any of the rolled on vehicles I have seen, you can see the roller marks. Unfortunately, I didn't put in there how long it took. If my memory is correct, spraying the exterior only took about half an hour, maybe 45 minutes.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll try to take a couple close up pictures today of the brushed on and sprayed on parts, to show the textures.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 11:50 AM   #14
Texasbass
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Oh wow! You didn't waste any time on that!

Here's a link to the post in my build thread where I talk about it:http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lithi...ml#post1552756

I used a paint brush on the interior of the body, and sprayed the exterior. Any of the rolled on vehicles I have seen, you can see the roller marks. Unfortunately, I didn't put in there how long it took. If my memory is correct, spraying the exterior only took about half an hour, maybe 45 minutes.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll try to take a couple close up pictures today of the brushed on and sprayed on parts, to show the textures.
Thanks for the link!
Old 06-06-2019, 04:33 PM   #15
Texasbass
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So this is addicting! Huge thanks to all the contributors here. I knew nothing about golf carts when I started and have managed to do some cool things with the help of the forum. Wish i could just break it all down and do the work in order, but that would mean my kids could ride on the “cart cart” which is a deal breaker. It’ll all get done in due time with a little extra sweat from me.

Below are my progress photos.
-New dash installed with alltrax FN controller, extra switch, volt meter and USB ports.
-Covers from Up to Par installed
-Lights installed
-3rd brake light on roof installed
-tinted windshield
-voltage reducer, fuse panel and negative bus bar installed (no photos)
-2” wheel spacers to give a bit wider and more stable stance

Coming up soon:
-Paint body and roof with red raptor coating
-New tempest wheels and 20” all terrain tires
-Stereo install of some kind - I want to use 6x9s to get the best bass I can without a sub and a Bluetooth amp so I can avoid a headunit. Ordered some 6x9 wakeboard tower cans and am going to try to install facing up between front and back seat. I’m going to play with it a bit. Planning to go with Polk Audio MM692s and an Infinity Kappa K2 amp.
-FSIP Speed motor - Sitting in my garage waiting for install.
Old 06-06-2019, 04:39 PM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Retracted.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:48 PM   #17
Texasbass
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post

Just updated post with pics. Try re-loading.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:00 PM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Just updated post with pics. Try re-loading.
Yep.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:02 PM   #19
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
So this is addicting! Huge thanks to all the contributors here. I knew nothing about golf carts when I started and have managed to do some cool things with the help of the forum. Wish i could just break it all down and do the work in order, but that would mean my kids could ride on the “cart cart” which is a deal breaker. It’ll all get done in due time with a little extra sweat from me.

Below are my progress photos.
-New dash installed with alltrax FN controller, extra switch, volt meter and USB ports.
-Covers from Up to Par installed
-Lights installed
-3rd brake light on roof installed
-tinted windshield
-voltage reducer, fuse panel and negative bus bar installed (no photos)
-2” wheel spacers to give a bit wider and more stable stance

Coming up soon:
-Paint body and roof with red raptor coating
-New tempest wheels and 20” all terrain tires
-Stereo install of some kind - I want to use 6x9s to get the best bass I can without a sub and a Bluetooth amp so I can avoid a headunit. Ordered some 6x9 wakeboard tower cans and am going to try to install facing up between front and back seat. I’m going to play with it a bit. Planning to go with Polk Audio MM692s and an Infinity Kappa K2 amp.
-FSIP Speed motor - Sitting in my garage waiting for install.
Very nice. For a split second I thought you drove on snow, then looked up.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:07 PM   #20
Texasbass
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Put the new wheels and tires on last night. I like the look of these wheels. Once i can get the battery situation figured out (Trojan Rangers or lithium) I’d like to move tire size up to 22” and put on an All Sport lift. Probably a project for next year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 25B30E52-926F-4758-8E43-DAE1D828A307.jpg (213.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO