lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2019, 10:06 AM   #1
baydoe
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default another speed question!

Hey guys, Ive been doing some research on the site for the past couple of hours, but not finding exactly what i need.

I have a 2015 precedent I2L serial number starting with JF.

1st question will a speed magnet work for this model? I have read conflicting reports?

2nd: does this cart have speed codes that I can have CC unlock to 4?

Thanks!
baydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2019, 10:33 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: another speed question!

Magnet = No
SP4 = Yes (They just need your serial number to order it from CC. $100-$125)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 01:28 PM   #3
baydoe
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

so continuing my research... seems the best way to go about getting some more speed on a stock car with bigger tires 18.75" would be the alltrax 300 amp controller?
Old 06-03-2019, 08:17 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

SP4 is the cheapest at $100-$125 but that is only a rise in the rpm limit to allow it. The most bang for your buck by far would be an XCT-48500 https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...roller-300-amp. This gives you User Controlability/Tuning, Customization, Troubleshooting, and 350 surge amps.

Alltrax Points:
- OEM style connectors. Truly a Plug-N-Play Design for most major golf car brands.
- Polarity protected. Motor shorts, incorrect wiring and accidental shorts will not damage the XCT. It's built to expect the unexpected.
- Utilizes motor speed sensor (protects the motor by avoiding stalling, better low end torque and higher top speeds)
- Automatic throttle calibration (fewer problems from failing throttles or worn linkages)
- Easier programming (standard USB connection, no need to power externally)
- Club Car applications do not require a flex-mount adapter.
- Free Alltrax programming software available
Old 06-03-2019, 09:21 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The Alltrax is going to give your cart a totally different feel than stock. Not only is will it be more powerful and faster than a speed code would allow, but the acceleration is going to feel much stronger to you. Speed setting 4 just raises the RPM limit. It does nothing for power.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:40 AM   #6
baydoe
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
The Alltrax is going to give your cart a totally different feel than stock. Not only is will it be more powerful and faster than a speed code would allow, but the acceleration is going to feel much stronger to you. Speed setting 4 just raises the RPM limit. It does nothing for power.
Thanks!, as of now i have no plans to replace the motor, would the 300 amp be fine? or would u recommend the 400?

would the 400 give more speed out of the stock then the 300? from what i have read it does not seem that way.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:50 AM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by baydoe View Post
Thanks!, as of now i have no plans to replace the motor, would the 300 amp be fine? or would u recommend the 400?

would the 400 give more speed out of the stock then the 300? from what i have read it does not seem that way.
Top speed no. It won't be any different. But how quickly it gets to that top speed and how well it will maintain speed going up hills will be greatly affected by the 400 amp controller. Make sure you understand that the 400 has to come with 4 gauge cables and a heavy duty solenoid with a diode.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:53 AM   #8
baydoe
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Top speed no. It won't be any different. But how quickly it gets to that top speed and how well it will maintain speed going up hills will be greatly affected by the 400 amp controller. Make sure you understand that the 400 has to come with 4 gauge cables and a heavy duty solenoid with a diode.
what are the stock cables, i've never paid attention? 6 gauge? What is greatly affected in you opinion? does it turn into a slug uphills with the 300?
Old 06-04-2019, 11:24 AM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Lol! No, but your amperage gives you your power so the more amps, the more power you have to push up a hill. A 300 will be a night and day difference over your stock controller. If you are not planning on going bigger motor, lift and tires, etc. the XCT-48300 is the best economic and realistic choice for you.

Stock cables = 6g
Stock controller - 75-100a

David's point was more so if you go bigger with the 300a controller, just keep in mind you need to do the same with its ancillaries.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:31 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by baydoe View Post
what are the stock cables, i've never paid attention? 6 gauge? What is greatly affected in you opinion? does it turn into a slug uphills with the 300?
As NoleFan mentioned above, the stock cables are all 6 gauge. They're fine for carrying a 300 amp load. It's normal behavior for all DC motors to slow down when you are climbing an incline. DC motors generate low end torque at low RPM. They're going to drop low enough in RPM to generate the torque they need to climb an incline. The more amps you put to it, the less they have to slow down to climb a hill. The 300 is going to be much better than your factory controller for sure. I was just pointing out that there are more powerful options out there that don't require you to change the motor.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car