lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2019, 01:56 PM   #1
WeCampinInMI
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Cart runs fine until I stop then runs very slow

Hi all. Looking for some guidance on this issue. 2003 EzGo 36v.Purchased 2 months ago from a guy who owns a golf course. Guy said batteries and charger were decent. Drove very lightly around the neighborhood and it drove fine. Brought to the campground about a month ago and started having issues. Fully charged, will drive normal for about 15 mins then goes very slow. Bought all new batteries. Old ones were swollen upon removal. Hooked those up and ran great then slows down after 15 mins or so. Found a quick solution to get back to the camp site when this happens which is letting off the gas, putting the switch to neutral then forward and it will beep then work like normal again. Sometimes this work other times it won't. Order a new solenoid, resistor, and diode figuring I'd start with the cheap fixes first and still the exact same results. Any suggestions on what this could be or some troubleshooting tips. This is our first golf cart so I'm not completely familiar with them. TIA
WeCampinInMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2019, 04:39 PM   #2
WeCampinInMI
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart runs fine until I stop then runs very slow

Bump bump bump
Old 06-04-2019, 04:48 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

What drive type?

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html

New batteries must be fully charged before use, and after every use.

https://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-break-in-.html
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 05:07 PM   #4
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Answer yurtle’s questions and you’ll get some good help. Also, a little more info will be helpful. Do you have big tires on the cart? Carrying extra passengers or weight? Going uphill when the problem happens?

Next time check if anything is hot. Total stab, but it sounds like thermal shutdown. Is the controller giving any codes when it happens?
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:29 PM   #5
WeCampinInMI
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
What drive type?

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html

New batteries must be fully charged before use, and after every use.

https://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-break-in-.html
It is the sepex based on the photos. I do know it is the PDS
Old 06-04-2019, 08:34 PM   #6
WeCampinInMI
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
Answer yurtle’s questions and you’ll get some good help. Also, a little more info will be helpful. Do you have big tires on the cart? Carrying extra passengers or weight? Going uphill when the problem happens?

Next time check if anything is hot. Total stab, but it sounds like thermal shutdown. Is the controller giving any codes when it happens?
No big tires. Stock. Carrying 2-4 passengers usually. Does have the back seat. Uphill doesnt make a difference as far as the slowness. It can be on take off on flat ground. When it does this I could get out and walk faster. Other times performs perfect. The code I have gotten is 3-2 code solenoid stuck(something like that). I havent checked the codes since I changed the solenoid, and resistor. At that point I was defeated and didnt want to bother any more with it for the day. Were only up at the campgrounds on the weekends so havent fooled with it since sunday.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:52 PM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCampinInMI View Post
It is the sepex based on the photos. I do know it is the PDS
Disregard.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 05:40 AM   #8
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCampinInMI View Post
The code I have gotten is 3-2 code solenoid stuck(something like that). I havent checked the codes since I changed the solenoid, and resistor.
Did you get any code after you replaced the solenoid?
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 06:47 AM   #9
WeCampinInMI
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
Did you get any code after you replaced the solenoid?
I was done with it for the day after I changed that out and still got the same result. It did run a little longer in normal performance after i changed those parts. I will look at it some more this weekend and see if I'm getting any codes. I've been working on this thing for the past 3 weekends and was just aggrevated after all that. Bad thing is I only get up to the grounds on the weekends.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:29 AM   #10
biphase
Gone Wild

If you get a 2-3 fault, that is thermal shutdown. The cure for your problem is to disable the thermal sensor inside the PDS controller. I have done this dozens of times with no deleterious effects. Replace the thermistor with a 47K or 51K resistor and your cart will continue to run and the controller will not be any more likely to fail than it would be otherwise. PDS controllers, however, are relatively high failure rate controllers anyway.
biphase is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, stalling, troubleshooting
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO