lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2019, 07:18 PM   #1
RandyMan
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery cables melted at motor

Looking for a little help. I have a 1994 ez-go series 36v converted to a 48v with a kit from Scotty. Upgraded 2ga cables, controller, solenoid and F&R switch. I also added an EMP motor. This was all done in 2015 with no problems.

The other day I smelled something burning. All connections are tight and no other concerns other than 2 cables melted at the top of the motor. How can I determine was the cause is? I guessing the motor since that is the only hot spot and cart runs fine. Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg motor.jpg (427.4 KB, 0 views)
RandyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2019, 07:33 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Battery cables melted at motor

The problem is those junky auto parts store cables, the s-shaped ones. Their ends are horrible, have wire strands all the way to the end of the terminal, consequently, they compress over time and don't hold their torque setting.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:45 PM   #3
RandyMan
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The problem is those junky auto parts store cables, the s-shaped ones. Their ends are horrible, have wire strands all the way to the end of the terminal, consequently, they compress over time and don't hold their torque setting.

Great I didn't notice they were different that the others. I will replace with ones from Scotty!
Old 06-26-2019, 08:11 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Definitely can not go wrong with ScottyB cables

Just an observation, Put the cables from the FNR/Controller that go to Motor S1 and S2 posts First, then the jumper cables to the second Stator coils on Top.

That will keep the current to either Stator coil flowing the most efficient way.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:09 PM   #5
RandyMan
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Definitely can not go wrong with ScottyB cables

Just an observation, Put the cables from the FNR/Controller that go to Motor S1 and S2 posts First, then the jumper cables to the second Stator coils on Top.

That will keep the current to either Stator coil flowing the most efficient way.
Thank you!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO