lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2019, 07:50 PM   #11
pedrofixlater
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Mot-b2

update

I have the motor installed didn't make it to the local shop to get the 48 volt pack so still have the 36 until Monday

MOT-B2 arrived (thank you ScottyB) no install instructions but all my wires were marked so no issues there

Didnt come with any field map instructions can I get this this weekend??

also the speed sensor on the motor 3 wires black, red and green

from controller Black Red and White

black to black red to red white to green??

still have controller in TOW and Battery disconnected don't want to fire it up without a field map

Last edited by pedrofixlater; 09-20-2019 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: more info
pedrofixlater is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2019, 10:56 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Yep, for the speed sensor, connect the two sets of like colored wires to each other and the remaining wires whose colors don't match, to each other.

Your XCT still has the field map for a stock PDS motor installed, which will run the MOT-B2, but not at its peak performance and maybe motor will get a bit warmer than it would with correct map. In other words, it is okay to drive it around gently until you get the correct field map installed.

Contact Alltrax or Scottyb for MOT-B2 field map. Who knows, one of them may e-mail it to you this weekend.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 03:28 PM   #13
pedrofixlater
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank You JohnnyB

Ill keep trying Alltrax, left them a call back message. ScottyB has a message Boss kicked him out for the weekend
Old 09-21-2019, 04:46 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Might try Admiral, but I suspect it'll be Monday before you can get the needed field map.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 08:52 AM   #15
pedrofixlater
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you all for the great technical advice. Everything installed did a couple miles at average speed following the break in process for the MOT-B2. after a couples miles and getting up to full speed I touched the motor and it was cool to the touch. gonna baby it a few times after work this week and see. But again as always your knowledge and advice is a win win. seems to be stronger didn't have my GPS definitely seems worth the upgrade from 36 to 48.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO