lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2020, 12:17 PM   #1
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Need advice on CC with Lithium batts.

I have a 2017 CC precedent 48V. The batts that came with it are starting to go. previous owner did not take care of them. I am considering going with the lithium batteries. What would be the most affordable way to go with this project as far as getting a pack or individual batteries? do I go with 6 - 8volt batts or 4 12 volts? or a 48 volt pack? can I use the same charger ( E.R.I.C ) that came with my cart or do I need to get another charger? I use the cart for golf but, once in a great while I do take it to our camp and joy ride too. does this seem like a logical thing to do for a golf cart?

I know its a lot of questions but I am new to the lithium side of things and do not want to waste a bunch of money if I do not have too.

SUBBY
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2020, 01:42 PM   #2
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Need advice on CC with Lithium batts.

That is a lot of information you are asking and all of it is here on the website. Most popular answers are going to be standard Flooded Lead acid batteries, Lithium drop ins and lithium home brews such as the nissan leaf packs. Flooded lead as you know are your least out of pocket now, require maintenance, last 5 years or so. Next you have drop ins. They are more expensive, may be able to use your charger or not. The voltage of the packs are not as important in my opinion as is the Amp Hours. Htere are debates as to best ones and even if they are worth the money. Most popular I have seen are the Roypow and Allieds. The home brews are usually built using Volt or Nissan packs and there are several build summaries on the site. What you will get, is a lot of learning and a lot of opinion. What you are asking is a lot of opinion. Take some time and do the learning. Ask a lot of specific questions. There is a lot of good info, and no one answer as to what is best.
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 09:19 PM   #3
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

I totally understand what your saying. I’ve had electric carts for 24 years. I know and understand the lead acid batteries. I know nothing about lithium’s. I agree with you on the amp hours. I’m just trying to educate myself on the lithium’s. The more I look the more I’m confused. I’m just trying to pick the brains from those that have pulled the trigger from lead acid to lithium and are they satisfied with the move.
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 01:59 PM   #4
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

I don't think anyone will say they are no happy. It comes down to you. I am in same boat and take months to decide. Read Sergio's build "nissan leaf cheap Chinese BMS". Tons of knowledge there. You have to see if you are capable, and should really feel comfortable in my opinion. It will be your cheapest way to Lithium. I am tossing between those and a Roypow 105ah. Of course, If I don't make a move I am going to be stuck with FLA, as my batteries are getting seriously tired.
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car