lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2020, 03:47 PM   #1
Eaganater
Not Yet Wild

Default 96 cc ds, no negative from obc to solenoid.

I have a 1996 clubcar DS 48 volt, with pot box and silver controller.Cart stoped running, replaced solenoid, still no luck. Bench tested sol.,ok,i have pack voltage,50 volts to coil when pedal depressed testing from pack negative to small post on solenoid but no voltage from small post to post. I have figured out the negative to this comes from the obc, which i do not need as i have been using a smart charger. I have tryed running a different wire from negative pack to neg. Side of solenoid/coil with large arch. Thought for sure i fried something, luckily i did not. Also cart will run fine if i jump the two large post on solenoid. But have read that is a fire hazard and really want to figure this out to make it safe. Any ideas of how to supply a negative to this solenoid,? or completely bypass the obc ?

1996 clubcar Ds
48 volt
Series, stock motor controller
A9641-535380
Eaganater is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2020, 08:14 PM   #2
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 96 cc ds, no negative from obc to solenoid.

All you should have to do is run a wire from B- to the negative small post on the solenoid. Should be the one with the yellow wire. Make it permanent. The only unsafe thing about it is that the cart will run with the charger plugged in.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:41 AM   #3
Eaganater
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Mgray, i will try that. My only concern was that when i wired straight to the pack negative to solenoid/small yellow wire. I had a Large arching on coil post were yellow wire connects. But i will try that and see what happens. Think ill try a fused jumper first. Would hate to fry the controller. Thanks again
Eaganater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 11:38 AM   #4
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaganater View Post
Thanks Mgray, i will try that. My only concern was that when i wired straight to the pack negative to solenoid/small yellow wire. I had a Large arching on coil post were yellow wire connects. But i will try that and see what happens. Think ill try a fused jumper first. Would hate to fry the controller. Thanks again
It shouldn't arc. Unless the diode between the two post has been installed backwards. Has anything been done to the solenoid prior to installation of the controller?

mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 03:20 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
It shouldn't arc. Unless the diode between the two post has been installed backwards. Has anything been done to the solenoid prior to installation of the controller?

i think you are on to something here Mrgray. He probably bench tested without the diode.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 03:38 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Or put back on backwards
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 03:39 PM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Or put back on backwards
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car