lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2020, 07:49 AM   #1
cheenu
Not Yet Wild

Default golf cart fan

Hi,
does anyone know the amperage draw on 12 volt Rhoxair cabin fan acc-1512? I can not find that info anywhere.
cheenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2020, 04:40 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: golf cart fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheenu View Post
Hi,
does anyone know the amperage draw on 12 volt Rhoxair cabin fan acc-1512? I can not find that info anywhere.
Don’t know the fan you’re talking about ,but I have two auto cooling fans mounted in the roof of my precedent gas cart. They are 12 volt 80 watts each. They are way too loud on 12 volts. I bought a resistor from the parts store like they put on older cars to run the 6 volt systems on the cars when they first started using 12 volt batteries. This plus I hooked them in series. Now they run at a good speed and you can hear yourself talk. You put the suckers on 12 volts and they scream.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 05:03 PM   #3
cheenu
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the info

are these the fans you put on? And if so, what is the total height with roof install( from canopy to the bottom of the fan). In other words what is the total height of fan installed?
https://www.buggiesunlimited.com/gol...388#tt-qa-list

Last edited by cheenu; 08-09-2020 at 05:15 PM.. Reason: addnl info
Old 08-09-2020, 08:14 PM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheenu View Post
thanks for the info

are these the fans you put on? And if so, what is the total height with roof install( from canopy to the bottom of the fan). In other words what is the total height of fan installed?
https://www.buggiesunlimited.com/gol...388#tt-qa-list
What is that thing made of Gold. Wow. I got two of those from an auto parts store for less than 50.00. Go to an auto parts store and get a 12 volt fan set that looks like the one you are looking at. Also tell them you want one or even two of the resistors they used back in the old days to drop 12 volt down to six volts.

I made mounting from aluminum 3/4 angle. I try not to put holes in the cart so I used grab handle mounting bolts to mount my brackets.

The fans can be wired to run either direction. If you hook them in series that will help slow them down. I’ll try to find a photo. Not on my iPad I’ll check my computer.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:18 PM   #5
cheenu
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
What is that thing made of Gold. Wow. I got two of those from an auto parts store for less than 50.00. Go to an auto parts store and get a 12 volt fan set that looks like the one you are looking at. Also tell them you want one or even two of the resistors they used back in the old days to drop 12 volt down to six volts.

I made mounting from aluminum 3/4 angle. I try not to put holes in the cart so I used grab handle mounting bolts to mount my brackets.

The fans can be wired to run either direction. If you hook them in series that will help slow them down. I’ll try to find a photo. Not on my iPad I’ll check my computer.
Thanks and name of the fan and picture will really help
Old 08-09-2020, 08:26 PM   #6
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

This was my first mounting. I have since takin the screen out and mounted the fans with zip ties.

IMG_0336.jpg
Old 08-09-2020, 09:35 PM   #7
cheenu
Not Yet Wild

thanks
Old 08-10-2020, 06:44 PM   #8
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Update photos

C8AC8435-6945-4D52-8905-06892CC6270F.jpg

D8688B47-975C-4343-B3B6-CFB461EBA840.jpg
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car