lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2009, 07:25 AM   #1
paully walnuts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default What To Look For

I am going to look at a club car electric for the campground. I don't know what year it is but my friend, whose in-laws own it, says it is in real good shape. The batteries are a couple of years old, and it has a charger. They want $300 dollars for it which as far as I can tell is a great price. What should I really look at when I go look at it? How long is the battery good?
paully walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2009, 08:57 AM   #2
Getting Wild

Default Re: What To Look For

I'm still a newbie here, others have more guidance that me, but I can tell to you first find out the make and model of it. If it is a Club Car, look at the serial number to determine model and year. The stickies above guide you there. Anything that runs for $300 is a steal, I think.
500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:47 PM   #3
Lightninn
Getting Wild
Club Car

I've heard batteries taken well care of last between 5-7 years.

However, I've also seen some carts that have had batteries replaced after two years.

Take a look in the stickies for references on good battery brands. If you have to purchase new batteries, be prepared to spend $500+ dollars...
Lightninn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:26 AM   #4
paully walnuts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks 500, Lightninn, I will print out the serial number guide, and take it with me. One gentleman I know told me to look and see if there is a lot of corrosion on the terminals, and see if the batteries have an expansion look to it. if so they are gonna be bad soon, or are already. If this is correct please let me know. My biggest concern is the batteries.
paully walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car