lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2010, 08:41 PM   #21
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 Club Car Charger Problem

Good Job, the Batteries are in excellent shape, so 1 down XX to go !
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2010, 08:14 PM   #22
auclbcr01
Not Yet Wild

Alright guys, I still need to try to figure this thing out. Is there something else that I can check to determine why my charger is still not cutting off?
Thanks
auclbcr01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:24 PM   #23
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Have you checked the relay to see if it isn't welded shut?
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:59 PM   #24
bdmonist
Getting Wild
Club Car

I am no expert, but I have researched the hell out of the OBC and battery issues, most of which I got from this site. The OBC controls the warning light if I remember correctly as well as telling the charger when to turn off. So if your warning light is truly broken as you indicated and the charger won't cut off, then I would put my money on the OBC, not that my money is worth much here...

Another check you can make; the OBC is the "safety switch" that prevents the cart from operating while the charger is plugged in. Try to operate the cart (momentarily only) to see if it allows movement. If so, another check for the OBC. Hope this helps.

**Edit - Here is one of the threads I was thinking of. Gives tons of info on the OBC, even the patent for one :).

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-function.html

Last edited by bdmonist; 01-06-2010 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: More info
bdmonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:20 PM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I am sorry I know you are getting frusterated...but your readings are of no value. Your batteries are seriously overcharged The values you posted are above 100% for SG and Voltage. See the chart below and run some juice offa the batts until they come in below 100% and then retake the SG tests... No more long charging for awhile
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:43 PM   #26
auclbcr01
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmonist View Post
Another check you can make; the OBC is the "safety switch" that prevents the cart from operating while the charger is plugged in. Try to operate the cart (momentarily only) to see if it allows movement. If so, another check for the OBC. Hope this helps.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-function.html

I just checked this, and the solenoid will not click on unless I unplug the charger.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:46 PM   #27
auclbcr01
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I am sorry I know you are getting frusterated...but your readings are of no value. Your batteries are seriously overcharged The values you posted are above 100% for SG and Voltage. See the chart below and run some juice offa the batts until they come in below 100% and then retake the SG tests... No more long charging for awhile
It is not my intention to appear frustrated, maybe anxious though. It is about 29 degrees outside so I will have to run the cart tomorrow. I will report back then.
Thanks
Old 01-06-2010, 09:47 PM   #28
auclbcr01
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishing Dude View Post
Have you checked the relay to see if it isn't welded shut?
I am a novice, so if you could elaborate on where the relay is located I will check it out.
Thanks
Old 01-06-2010, 09:54 PM   #29
bdmonist
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by auclbcr01 View Post
I just checked this, and the solenoid will not click on unless I unplug the charger.
So you know that OBC function works. But from my research and testing on my own cart, if you have equally good or bad batteries and a good OBC, then OBC will cut the charger off. Mine are very bad, but fairly equally so and the OBC turns the charger off.

If you have one bad battery, the OBC may not turn the charger off. I think your readings rule this out, even though they are overcharged. They appear fairly equal.

If your battery charger is bad, it may not cut off. But I believe you are on your second charger correct? So I think we can rule this out.

That leaves the OBC IMO.

Brian
Old 01-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #30
bdmonist
Getting Wild
Club Car

Here is a battery charger troubleshooting guide if you are not sure it's not your charger. There is a section for charger not turning off. Section 5 I believe.

http://www.lesterelectrical.com/tech...otingguide.pdf
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car