lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
trailshredder
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Good Batteres to buy?

My 00 club car DS IQ 48V has the original batteries in in and they just don't last long anymore. I had a dealer trying to sell me something other than a trojan. Should I stick with Trojans or has anyone else had good luck with different brands? Plan on replacing all the cables too, anyone have any suggestions?
trailshredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Default Re: Good Batteres to buy?

Do a search for batteries on here. You will get a wealth of information.
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Dont buy anything made in mexico or china.Crown has a good battery and club car is using them since the first of the year,they have a 18month warranty.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
sms-shop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

US Battery
sms-shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:17 PM   #5
Doc
Gone Wild

I think there's going to be problems with anybody who has to change out their batteries this spring...I recently priced some Trojan 8V's and they came in at 157.65! That's EACH, by the way. Furthermore, the dealer told me that there will be another price increase late Mar/Early April. This is insane~I love my 48V cart, but cannot afford close to 1K every 6 years or so. I can certainly get by for a few more years (mine date 5/05) but, they have a finite lifespan, no matter how well you take care of them. So my solution was to find a cheap gasser-I did and Ill be totally honest-I LOVE it! It's not at all like I thought it would be-not stinky, very strong power and quite. The best part is I get no problems pulling up a steep hill like I did on the 48V. My prediction is that when people start to pull their carts out of mothballs from this winter and realize that they may need new batteries, they will get sticker shock. We may see a lot of cheap sparkies on Craigslist. Conversely, I think the price of gassers may rise. Just my .02, mind you but batteries ain't gettin' any cheaper!
Doc
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #6
dtkana
Gone Wild
Club Car

I recently purchased batteries from Sams and contrary to a lot of info on this site they are Interstate which are made by US Battery. They were labeled with a Powerfast sticker over the top of the Workoholic sticker. Some Sams might sell different batteries in different regions but these are Interstate batteries at Sams in the Houston area. Right around $500 walk out for 6 new 8v batteries. I have not had them long enough to give you an idea on how long they last but they did come with a 6 month free replacement which could come in handy if you got a bad one which supposedly does happen occasionally.
dtkana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:27 AM   #7
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Trojan must have something going on. Rumor last year was that they were looking for a buyer. Now Club Car switches to Crown. And more important Scotty B. gave a thumbs-up for Crown in a recent thread. Thats good enough for me!!
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:36 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Trojan is suffering from their high cost and now customers tell me we do not want Trojan The trojan name is taking a big hit ..... and a huge account loss. Look for them to sell to somebody soon. Maybe ??? Crown has come full circle ... Now they weigh more than a trojan and cost less ..... warrantee is the same.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #9
MnGolfer
Not Yet Wild

I found a place here in MN that sells Trojan 875's (8 volt)for $115 ea. Interstate around here sells for $126!
MnGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:45 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have said it before ...... I will post it again for any newbie who stumbles accross this 'yet another, battery comparison' thread.......

Proper break-in, use, and maintenance out weighs which brand you buy, when it comes to getting your money's worth
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car