lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2010, 12:34 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1996 36volt TXT needs a little speed

A package deal is somewhere around $1200. But like building a car there are lots of variables that will effect price and you may have some 36v components you can sell to recoup expenses like charger and controller.... You could also finish your cable upgrade and send your motor out to get rewound, that would be the cheapest, I mean least expensive improvement you could make. But even a rewound motor is going to want more amps than your stock controller can supply .... On another note cart slowing after a few minutes of run time sounds like a battery issue ~ Better test SG in each cell and see if you have one or more weak ones???
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2010, 09:58 PM   #12
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAWN DAVIS View Post
Ok I use a 36 volt EZ-Go to pull a drag car, lifted, with some 23" atv style tires. Has new batteries and runs great just takes a bit too long to get to the end of the track. Plenty of torque.
What do I need for a few more mph? motor? controller? Ring and pinion?
Charge life is important whatever mods I perform cant decrease run time by too much.
Check this out! Sorry Scotty
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/extre...ler-boost.html
e-z-go1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:20 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-z-go1988 View Post

Whatever, Dude that is not even in the same league........
Maybe everybody who upgraded to 48v should down grade to a boost
Old 08-11-2010, 08:16 AM   #14
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Whatever, Dude that is not even in the same league........
Maybe everybody who upgraded to 48v should down grade to a boost
If I had the 48v upgrade I would still add the boost circuit!
Old 08-11-2010, 08:24 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

1988, your signature says you love your resistor cart? Maybe everybody with out resistors should revert to 30 yr old technology too

whatever Seriously, whatev. I'm surprised you are on the computer
Old 08-11-2010, 08:34 AM   #16
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
1988, your signature says you love your resistor cart? Maybe everybody with out resistors should revert to 30 yr old technology too

whatever Seriously, whatev. I'm surprised you are on the computer
You hit the nail on the head on both counts! I am lucky to be here. I'm still trying to figure out how to log on without help!
Have a good day.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:44 AM   #17
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-z-go1988 View Post
You hit the nail on the head on both counts! I am lucky to be here. I'm still trying to figure out how to log on without help!
Have a good day.

LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:23 PM   #18
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No offense to Roady, but while a "booster" cart might be great for drag racing, I would NEVER suggest one for a person wanting a daily drive. Yeah, the power is there, but I believe even Roady said that the "boost" power is uncontrolled and as a hunting cart or a daily driver, you want complete CONTROL of the power you are sending to the motor. 99.9% of the population out there would get into serious trouble if handed a cart that had a "boost" circuit installed in it on their daily driver....... and I shudder to think what would happen if someone's teenage kid got on such a cart.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
No offense to Roady, but while a "booster" cart might be great for drag racing, I would NEVER suggest one for a person wanting a daily drive. Yeah, the power is there, but I believe even Roady said that the "boost" power is uncontrolled and as a hunting cart or a daily driver, you want complete CONTROL of the power you are sending to the motor. 99.9% of the population out there would get into serious trouble if handed a cart that had a "boost" circuit installed in it on their daily driver....... and I shudder to think what would happen if someone's teenage kid got on such a cart.
Hmmm ...... that is an interesting opinion on this Boost subject. How long have you been working on golf carts, Sir?
Old 08-11-2010, 09:18 PM   #20
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Hmmm ...... that is an interesting opinion on this Boost subject. How long have you been working on golf carts, Sir?
lmao... long enough to have seen major accidents caused by inexperienced or untrained people operating equipment they had no business touching in the first place.

In all seriousness, I love the concept of the Boost that Roady posted and I fully believe that in a controlled environment, that would deliver EXACTLY the kind of power you need in a drag cart. I don't build or repair Drag carts on a daily basis however. I build daily drivers. I operate on carts for use in real world environments, with real world hazards (oncoming traffic, stop signs, speed bumps, people walking along the side of the road). Having a cart that is uncontrolable is NOT an option.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO