lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2011, 10:22 PM   #21
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: AC power for EZGOs in the Florida, Georgia, Mississippi ,Louisiana, S Carolina ar

rabbit, I don't see why that wouldn't work but do you need to ? Yes it does get you the correct plug but at a hefty price and those series folks won't know how to drive. They will keep reaching for a lever that isn't there I catch myself doing it now after driving one of my gas carts for the weekend and then coming back to the sparky PDS
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2011, 10:33 PM   #22
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: AC power for EZGOs in the Florida, Georgia, Mississippi ,Louisiana, S Carolina ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
rabbit, I don't see why that wouldn't work but do you need to ? Yes it does get you the correct plug but at a hefty price and those series folks won't know how to drive. They will keep reaching for a lever that isn't there I catch myself doing it now after driving one of my gas carts for the weekend and then coming back to the sparky PDS
I am assuming that the kit that VCTech offers is plug and play for the PDS setup... so yes, in that case, you would need the plugs on the harness.

The prices I listed are retail, dealer cost is less of course so I am assuming that VCTech's company could probably include the whole setup for under $100 additional cost......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:42 AM   #23
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
I am assuming that the kit that VCTech offers is plug and play for the PDS setup... so yes, in that case, you would need the plugs on the harness.

The prices I listed are retail, dealer cost is less of course so I am assuming that VCTech's company could probably include the whole setup for under $100 additional cost......
OK, duh... I made the assumption that they were using a harness, never occurred to me the plug on their side was a socket on a board.. If that is the case, yes you will need the plug. Ok somebody needs to build an adapter
Old 08-21-2011, 08:47 AM   #24
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm pretty sure I remember him saying that they had to change their harness because of the change in the PDS model after 2005 so I am assuming that his kit is plug and play to the factory harness.

That being said... If I am correct, then anyone ordering one of his kits for a series cart would have to order the kit he sells that is designed for the 2005 and newer PDS carts since the harness I listed is for those models of carts.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #25
VCTech
Not Yet Wild

The market varies from state to state.

The plug & play EZGO PDS kit we have is for the 10-pin connector and must be upgraded to 48V. The obstacle we always run into with this is that 48V= more money for batteries, and additional cost for charger. We are eventually going to phase our EZGO PDS kit to the newer ones that use 16-pin connectors and are 48V from the factory. This makes more business sense for both us and the golf cart dealer. The 36V PDS is a "budget cart" that many customers don't want to put money into, according to a lot of EZGO dealers; they want sub-$2000 carts when they're talking 36V PDS.

Any other dealer want us to visit them? This is the reason for our tour, so that we can get more market feedback in order to develop systems for particular models that we haven't done yet. We are flexible, but again, it must make business sense for us.
VCTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #26
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCTech View Post
The market varies from state to state.

The plug & play EZGO PDS kit we have is for the 10-pin connector and must be upgraded to 48V. The obstacle we always run into with this is that 48V= more money for batteries, and additional cost for charger. We are eventually going to phase our EZGO PDS kit to the newer ones that use 16-pin connectors and are 48V from the factory. This makes more business sense for both us and the golf cart dealer. The 36V PDS is a "budget cart" that many customers don't want to put money into, according to a lot of EZGO dealers; they want sub-$2000 carts when they're talking 36V PDS.

Any other dealer want us to visit them? This is the reason for our tour, so that we can get more market feedback in order to develop systems for particular models that we haven't done yet. We are flexible, but again, it must make business sense for us.
Not sure what dealers you are talking to but 36vt carts around here are probably 80% of the EZ-Go market and those are the people wanting to upgrade. We know there is the extra cost for batteries and chargers, we got that. Of the hundreds of people around here I know with carts, I do not know any of them that have a stock drive system with 48vts.
If you choose to not focus on the 36vt market and all that you can do there, that is your business but in my opinion, you will be missing out on quite a bit of revenue.

Good luck with your tour.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:56 PM   #27
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

same situation here ... when people buy E-Z-GO they know going into it they are getting a 36v cart and plan upgrades accordingly.....
Old 08-21-2011, 08:14 PM   #28
roady89
nimda
Club Car

VCTech....you should look at all the failed companies that built AC kits to see what they did....then do the opposite.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:19 PM   #29
VCTech
Not Yet Wild

Thus far, we visited every state west of Colorado, on down to Texas, sans Oklahoma, to California. These states have given me market feedback thus far.

I am not doubting anyone's claim of what their market situation is, to their location. Again, that is why we are visiting the Southeast. I am aware that the golf cart market and aftermarket opportunities there are perhaps the biggest in the United States, and even the world.

Don't be so apprehensive. If we get a lot of orders for the kit you want, we will most likely develop it. It typically takes us 6-8 weeks to do it.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #30
VCTech
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
VCTech....you should look at all the failed companies that built AC kits to see what they did....then do the opposite.
Thanks roady. I think they overprice them because ACs are novel at this point. We want to make them ubiquitous instead. And our intention isn't to take away from aftermarket, high performance DC companies.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO