lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
URBANNGUERILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Choices on available used carts.. Models listed. Thoughts? CC

**NOTE** I HAVE ALREADY POSTED THIS IN THE EZGO SECTION. Not sure if this is against the rules I agreed to and didn't read, but it might be. If it ends up erased I will know why. Just wanted CC fans to chime in.

I have a few local options I have found.. wanted to get others' thoughts on these....

89 EZGO Marathon 36v- $800. Has new stock tires, mounted lights on the cowl (although not great looking lights), and an ugly bright blue seat. Cart is white. Ad says "fully operable, runs good, charger included."

EZGO Marathon $850.00 88-94 36v (unsure of year). Cart has lights installed on lowest portion of "windshield". Lights look good. Cart looks very clean and white. Pictures show no major noticeable issues. Picture of cart from front shows front tires are different makes although the same size. Ad says "Batteries still under warranty, New rebuilt controller, cables great condition"

***Club Car DS $975.00(unsure of year or voltage) It is between 1982-2000.5 because it has aluminum colored posts holding the roof up instead of black). Blue cart. Looks to be in good condition. Has fold down windshield, professionally installed lights in front cowl, and stock golf car options. Ad says " runs good, includes charger"

Club Car DS $1350.00(unsure of year/voltage) It is between 1982- 2000.5- has aluminum posts like above cart. Ad says "Roll down rain windows (vinyl enclosure)- no rips or tears, includes charger, new tires, garage kept. Cart appears to be in good condition. Has folding windshield. Standard golf options. No major issues noticed from pics. Has only 1 headlight in front between tires and tail lights.

***1997 EZGO TXT 36v $1100.00. Owner has verified serial number on cart. Grey cart, tan seats w/ truck box on back (not folding seats, stationary box) Ad says "Charger was just repaired w/ new board and gauge, works great!" Cart appears to be on average to good condition.

1996 EZGO TXT $1200.00. Cart has folding windshield, tail lights- but not sure about headlights, folding canvas top/sides. And what appears to be a brand new navy blue seat that matches nothing else on the cart, lol. Appears to have stock golf cart options other than what I listed. Ad says "Cart w/ charger, looks and runs good,Windshield, lights, rain curtains, etc. Newer batteries. Cream color, blue seats.

and last but not least, there is a picture of the one I mentioned originally last week, I am supposed to look at Jan 2.
1995 EZGO TXT $1100 OBO, (he already said he would take $700.00)
Fabric top cover, no lights. Average condition. Ad says "Great shape, windshield enclosure and charger included.. batteries need to be replaced soon."

I am building a cart to go off road/hunting with. Lifted w/ wheels & tires.Either a 36v system and upgrade to 48, or a 48v system and replace w/ 36 v motor (eventually). I wish I knew of a way to know if the cart had a series motor in or not before you even go look at them. I think a series motor is probably what I need for torque, I can always upgrade the voltage if I want extra speed. Kind of scared of the sepex motors for low speed traveling and torque, on hilly land.

Anyways, this is what I'm looking at right now. I don't have a lot of money to spend up front on the cart, (as you can see from my options) but I will be able to upgrade the cart as I go once I make the initial investment in purchasing a cart. If you were in my situation which one would you choose and why?
(I have put three asterisks *** before the carts I think I am most interested in)
URBANNGUERILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Choices on available used carts.. Models listed. Thoughts? CC

I am a CC guy. I think they are built better and perfom better. The blue DS looks good to me, and it is very well priced, in my opinion...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
gsf35099
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
I am a CC guy. I think they are built better and perfom better. The blue DS looks good to me, and it is very well priced, in my opinion...
+1 on this comment.
I just bought a 2002 DS IQ cart that runs awesome for $800.
gsf35099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
xfactor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Be careful with the blue one the guy is selling, I just saw his listing today. I got a good song and dance from the guy. I just bought one from him about two weeks ago. Now everything is coming together. The guy is a used car salesman literally and told me the one I bought was his personal cart and he did all this work to it. Well it turned out to not be true. A few weeks later he has another one for sale. It may be fine but approach with caution.
xfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:46 PM   #5
URBANNGUERILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
Be careful with the blue one the guy is selling, I just saw his listing today. I got a good song and dance from the guy. I just bought one from him about two weeks ago. Now everything is coming together. The guy is a used car salesman literally and told me the one I bought was his personal cart and he did all this work to it. Well it turned out to not be true. A few weeks later he has another one for sale. It may be fine but approach with caution.
Thanks XF, I appreciate the heads up. He returned my text today and said it was sold today so I won't be looking at that one anyway.
URBANNGUERILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:48 PM   #6
xfactor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBANNGUERILLA View Post
Thanks XF, I appreciate the heads up. He returned my text today and said it was sold today so I won't be looking at that one anyway.
No worries, just looking out.
xfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:51 PM   #7
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsf35099 View Post
+1 on this comment.
I just bought a 2002 DS IQ cart that runs awesome for $800.
Wow, how did you get it for $800?!
Old 12-31-2012, 10:02 PM   #8
gsf35099
Gone Wild

Club Car

Buddy of mine got into selling carts here in the Austin area. He has been finding some awesome deals, so I asked him to see if he could find me a 48v DS CC. He did.. Here is a snap shot. 2002 DS 48v IQ. Things flies. It will almost stay up with my 91' DS that I have all kind of mod's in. It already has lights & a horn. Also pretty sure it has brake lights as I see wiring to the peddle. Buddy is also able to get Continental batteries (entire set) for $650 so I bought new bats for it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0802.jpg (544.0 KB, 0 views)
gsf35099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:05 AM   #9
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsf35099 View Post
Buddy of mine got into selling carts here in the Austin area. He has been finding some awesome deals, so I asked him to see if he could find me a 48v DS CC. He did.. Here is a snap shot. 2002 DS 48v IQ. Things flies. It will almost stay up with my 91' DS that I have all kind of mod's in. It already has lights & a horn. Also pretty sure it has brake lights as I see wiring to the peddle. Buddy is also able to get Continental batteries (entire set) for $650 so I bought new bats for it.
Awesome deal...
Old 01-01-2013, 06:06 AM   #10
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . I'd get a CC if for no other reason but it's aluminum structure under the body panels . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car