lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2014, 04:31 PM   #1
sxspdz28
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 G29 Tire wear issue

Just bought a 2007 G29 cart, only thing I have noticed wrong so far is both front tires on outside are wearing drastically faster then inside. Basically, inside of tires are near new looking and outside are worn flat. The guy I bought it from said the tie rods replaced at one point and had a body shop install them. Not sure if they were aligned right or not, haven't checked yet. Also had said new HD front shocks were installed. To me it looks like, the shocks are holding up the front end and not letting front tire settle down all the way. Any help appreciated. Will get a picture and post it in a day or too.
sxspdz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2014, 05:13 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2007 G29 Tire wear issue

Sounds like you need a full front end adjustment to get camber and toe in set correctly with you sitting in the cart.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Never heard of HD front "shocks" for a Drive. They use a "strut" type design. They Might be blowing smoke up your ***. Positive camber is common on a drive, and its not adjustable. Only "toe" setting is adjustable, unless you have a totally different suspension than stock (jakes long travel, ect).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:03 AM   #4
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Does this cart have a lift? If so which one?
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:51 AM   #5
Cart Sports
Getting Wild

Assuming you don't have kingpin issues, you are toed in too much. Grab the wheels at the top and pull hard while looking at the kingpins. If there is movement, replace the sleeves and bolts. If there isn't movement, adjust the toe out to just barely toed-in.
Cart Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:50 PM   #6
sxspdz28
Not Yet Wild

I kind of thought the Hd shocks was BS. He must have meant they were just replaced with new ones. The cart doesn't have a lift kit. I think I will check out the king pins like mentioned and check the toe out on it. I'm going to be putting some new wheels on it and I don't want the new tires to wear like ****. Thanks for the ideas.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:03 PM   #7
sxspdz28
Not Yet Wild

Well finally got around to putting new wheels on and trying out the alignment.

Still have issues, I set it too have about 1/8" toe in and have the equal threads showing on each adjuster. Now that I have changed it to were it should be, when looking at it and the driver side wheel is straight with fender the passenger side is headed out to the right. And vice versa, when passenger wheel is straight to fender the driver side is headed to the left.

It also still to me looks like the shocks and struts wont let the front end settle all the way. Need to check ride heights to verify, or it could be the cart was ran into something and there is a bent part somewhere, im going to ask previous owner when I see him next.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:03 PM   #8
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If you set the toe in, then it should be toed in! Sounds like it's still toed out. You can't measure to fender. You need to measure to back and front of wheels. You need to set it so that it's correct when the cart is on the ground with the suspension loaded - not jacked up. Ideally, you should have driver's weight on it too.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:51 PM   #9
sxspdz28
Not Yet Wild

Suspension was definitely loaded and I didn't measure it off the fenders. I measured it off the center line and half up the tire height. I do understand what you're saying though. Going to have a buddy help me next time, very possible something moved and I didn't notice it on my own.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:57 PM   #10
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would not trust the tire center line either. You need to reference off of something solid like the wheel rims
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha