lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2014, 12:56 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Question Re: lift/tire Combo for a 2012 G29

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
If your going to run in any water above the rear axles, I'd recommend "plugging" the holes (about 2" inward of the axle bearings) in the axle tubes of the Team transaxle. Why there even there baffles me. JB weld should work fine.
to make sure any oil getting past the leaky inner seals has a easy exit path...LOL
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2014, 01:00 PM   #12
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: lift/tire Combo for a 2012 G29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
to make sure any oil getting past the leaky inner seals has a easy exit path...LOL
Think I'd rather have alittle oil at the back of the sealed bearing then water. Can't tell you how many water damaged "exploded" axle bearings we've changed out.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 03:02 PM   #13
cgtech

Yamaha

I agree, Although i have replaced very few (less than 10) of the axle bearings living in the desert (not much running water here).
Old 11-30-2014, 07:16 PM   #14
saltbranch
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Honestly, I do not intend to run in water above the rear axles.I am trying to get a feel for what I can do with the cart. I have a tractor, 4 wheeler and a 4x4 truck for the hardcore stuff. Just trying to get a feel for what I can do with the cart. Sooooo......plan is Long Travel Jakes and it seems a 23" tire will work fine power wise.? By power I mean climbing hills. I have one incline that would be very similar to the side of an overpass...the kind they use tractors to mow.....not the best description I know. ITs fairly steep. Not so steep the truck has to be in 4x4 to go up when dry.
saltbranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:39 PM   #15
cgtech

Yamaha

When i think "side of a overpass", i think 45° angle, which is a 1:1 slope (1 foot rise for every 1 foot traveled forward). If thats the type of slope you are talking about, i dont think a stock controller could do it with 23" tires. Not sure it could do it with a stock size tire (and that is significantly steeper than yamaha recomends). Please elaborate on the slope.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:35 PM   #16
saltbranch
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
When i think "side of a overpass", i think 45° angle, which is a 1:1 slope (1 foot rise for every 1 foot traveled forward). If thats the type of slope you are talking about, i dont think a stock controller could do it with 23" tires. Not sure it could do it with a stock size tire (and that is significantly steeper than yamaha recomends). Please elaborate on the slope.
I will take an angle meter to measure on my next trip. Currently, its pretty steep. I plan on renting a backhoe to dig out and make a better angle early February. As is, side of overpass for 15' or so is pretty accurate I think.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:44 PM   #17
CTXBULL
Not Yet Wild

I just installed 23" on Cart. Looks and rides great!! South Tx here too... Agree with the Horns, thorns and fangs!!! green slime is a good idea! where bouts are ya?
CTXBULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:32 PM   #18
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

My recommendations are 3" spindle lift and 20" tires. You get enough clearance for most obstacles and it is also a lot easier to get on and off of, especially if you have a rear seat. I don't recommend over 22" tires on carts stock powered carts.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 04:01 PM   #19
plowman
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltbranch View Post
Hi all,
I am looking for suggestions on lift/tire combos for a 2012 G29 Electric cart. My use will be ranch and hunting. I have creek crossings and terrain from mud to deep sand. Cart will be weekend warrior ride year round at our 250 acre property. It will be used for chores from hauling fence materials to hauling game into camp. I have the speed chip ordered from the dealer I bought it from. I really dont need speed, but do need ground clearance and low end torque from the lift/tire combo. I am in south Texas, so everything here has horns,thorns or fangs. I need a tough tire filled with slime or equal. I like the long travel from Jakes for the lift. Looking for advice? Do's, Dont's etc...I am totally new to carts, not fabbing and work.

Thank you
saltbranch

we can help you with your speed and power on your cart, i have been working with damon at altrax helping them with maping on the new xct controller, and have one installed in the same cart as yours here at our shop, and there is no shortage of power or speed while still maintaining good armature temps, they are light years ahead of any other controller on the market. we have the feild maps completed for stock or lifted carts with your stock motor or our custom hp motor, they are available in 300-400-500 amp, you would only need a 300amp unit but would highly recomend replacing your stock motor as they wont take much abuse. I also have a plug and play ge 300 amp controller that is a big improvement over the stock moric, all of my testing was done with 22 tires and a jakes 3in lift, witch is also what i would recomend for your cart. if you have any questions that i can help you with feel free to give us a call 8107361100. plowmanscarts.com
plowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:33 PM   #20
saltbranch
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowman View Post
saltbranch

we can help you with your speed and power on your cart, i have been working with damon at altrax helping them with maping on the new xct controller, and have one installed in the same cart as yours here at our shop, and there is no shortage of power or speed while still maintaining good armature temps, they are light years ahead of any other controller on the market. we have the feild maps completed for stock or lifted carts with your stock motor or our custom hp motor, they are available in 300-400-500 amp, you would only need a 300amp unit but would highly recomend replacing your stock motor as they wont take much abuse. I also have a plug and play ge 300 amp controller that is a big improvement over the stock moric, all of my testing was done with 22 tires and a jakes 3in lift, witch is also what i would recomend for your cart. if you have any questions that i can help you with feel free to give us a call 8107361100. plowmanscarts.com

Thank you. I will call tomorrow. Is the website down? I had your site bookmarked after reading some the info there. I have gone back to it a couple times in the last few days and cannot get it to pull up. Says web page not available
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha