lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2015, 05:41 PM   #1
bpaskill
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default f r switch

i really need help with this thing .. i have a g16e that iv been having issues with if you look back at my history with this thing you see what the problem is .. well i changed the speed control box , now its all screwed up .. if i mess with the f r switch i can sometimes get it to work .. when it does work i just move the f r switch a 1/8 of an inch it will stop .. if i mess with the black plastic ring on the f r switch the cart will move then stop .. i checked the bus bar and the contacts inside the switch and their like new ,, but what i need to know is what the two magnetic pick-up switches are that are attached the the f r switch .. it seems they have alot to do with what my problem is .... any advice is greatly appreciated ..thanx
bpaskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2015, 10:35 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: f r switch

One tells when the cart is in reverse. the other ensures the f&r is fully in the F or R position. I think you are on the right track.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:01 AM   #3
bpaskill
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

my other question would then be .. is can i buy those separately without having to buy the whole switch ... the switch is like $150.00 bucks ... thats 150 more then i have ... thank you for the quik reply cgtech
Old 05-05-2015, 08:43 AM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

Might be able to modify it to accept ezgo gas pedal switches for reasonably cheap, if you have more time than money. I think the switches are like $9.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:40 AM   #5
bpaskill
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

i was thinkin about eliminating the magnetic pick-ups and mounting micro switches to the f r switch ... i'm guessing that their normally closed . if i have the time tonight i'll mess with it .. but i have to cut the grass first .. like i said the contacts and the bus bar inside the f r switch look like new . p.s. ... am i right to assume that the are just on-off pick-ups ? . im gonna try to put a meter on them to find out
Old 05-05-2015, 10:23 AM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Maybe the magnetic switches just need adjustment. Try them out with your ohmmeter and see if you can get them to work reliably.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:40 AM   #7
bpaskill
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

they're not adjustable , i think they may be part of my original problem .... im guessing i'v had two issues going on at the same time .
Old 05-06-2015, 07:51 PM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

Yep, normally closed, but most switches have 3 terminals for NC and NO. Your magnetic ones are just pulled closed by the magnets glued in the rotating portion of the f&r.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:59 AM   #9
bpaskill
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

what i did was i jumped the limit switch and now everything works perfect .. so now im just gonna replace the bad magnetic pick-up with a microswitch and it'll be all good ..thank you cgtech . now the father in-law will be a happy camper
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha