lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2015, 03:16 AM   #1
Philthy
Not Yet Wild

Default Looking at a 2007 Yamaha

Well I want to buy used and build up but it looks like there is too much on my plate and we need a cart sooner rather than later so I am looking at a Yamaha 2007 from a dealer. Lift (going with 3"), LED lights, top, windshield, new paint new front seat, new fold down back seat, 4x12v batteries. $3800 w used batteries in decent shape. Any thoughts or warnings? Sound okay or do I just have acquisition fever?

I see that I need to check the rear axle for the dreaded white label. I asked about 6 or 8v batteries and he says no big deal(salesmen) question is should I stay with used and change to 6 or 8 next year or pay for new 12v now? Also comes with 10" wheel and he says I can take tires up to 20". Will it be worth a possible additional charge to go to 12" with 22" tires?
Philthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2015, 02:12 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Looking at a 2007 Yamaha

Since you can easily add 2 more batteries to the stock battery tray, i wouldnt spend $2 on T1275 style 12v's. (but you lose the option of a underseat storage tray). Just get 6x 8v batts installed, with two 8v installed in the current empty spot in the middle.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 04:27 PM   #3
Philthy
Not Yet Wild

Tried asking for 6 x 8V and he said no go. My options with this purchase are used batteries or new. I thought about running the used ones but who knows how long they will actually last? At this point I told him to put the new Trojans in it. I will run on these and when it's time to replace them I will make the change to 6 x 8v if I think it's worth it. I'm sure there will be other upgrades but I need it fully functional while I come up to speed.
Philthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:08 AM   #4
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Hi -- RXV tech here...

Don't know about the Yammie- but i do know that Trojan 12v batts are not great.
We have much better service from Crown 12v batts.

Good Luck !!!
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:46 AM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Ask the dealer to "download" the used batteries and give you the minutes and battery voltages. Then you can decide.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:50 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Dealer can Discharge with "lester battery discharge machine". Test score should be 60 minutes or longer to be considered a passing score.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:40 PM   #7
YamahaCRN35
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philthy View Post
Tried asking for 6 x 8V and he said no go. My options with this purchase are used batteries or new. I thought about running the used ones but who knows how long they will actually last? At this point I told him to put the new Trojans in it. I will run on these and when it's time to replace them I will make the change to 6 x 8v if I think it's worth it. I'm sure there will be other upgrades but I need it fully functional while I come up to speed.
If the dealer can't figure out how to do the battery conversion, I'd doubt if I wanted him to build the cart
YamahaCRN35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha