lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2015, 11:20 AM   #1
George Sim
Not Yet Wild

Default Tomberlin Golf Cart Deal

Can anyone shed some light on the Tomberlin/Columbia ParCar deal?
George Sim is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2015, 11:23 AM   #2
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Default Re: Tomberlin Golf Cart Deal

what deal?
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:19 PM   #3
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Sim View Post
Can anyone shed some light on the Tomberlin/Columbia ParCar deal?
As posted by "Tech Support" from CPC a Judicial ruling approved the purchase of all Tomberlin assets by Columbia ParCar. It appears it will take about 3 months to combine the Tomberlin operations. It also appears that the Tomberlin brand will be continued as an additional product sold by the Columbia ParCar dealers. My present Tomberlin dealer has already been contacted. He is already a Columbia ParCar dealer as well. He tells me Columbia ParCar has a 40+ year track record and looks for the Tomberlin brand to provide a high level street legal addition to dealer inventories. In spite of ongoing negative comments from some ex dealers I think my Tomberlin is a great cart and am getting good service from my dealer. Tomberlin's willingness to help put the Columbia ParCar deal together should assure present owners that the Tomberlin is here to stay.
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:17 PM   #4
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Columbia will now market with three entities....Columbia, ParCar, and Tomberlin.

Columbia will focus industrial and commercial vehicles.
ParCar will still be manufactured by Columbia in Wisconsin and will be focus on retail.
Tomberlin will be assembled at our Florida and Arizona locations and focus on retail.

Any type of questions related to Tomberlin specifically can be directed to them directly at the new location and phone number in Florida, 352-323-4966.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:12 PM   #5
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile Re: Tomberlin Golf Cart Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Support View Post
Columbia will now market with three entities....Columbia, ParCar, and Tomberlin.

Columbia will focus industrial and commercial vehicles.
ParCar will still be manufactured by Columbia in Wisconsin and will be focus on retail.
Tomberlin will be assembled at our Florida and Arizona locations and focus on retail.

Any type of questions related to Tomberlin specifically can be directed to them directly at the new location and phone number in Florida, 352-323-4966.
Tech Support-Many thanks for picking up on this thread. Your quality information should shut down "Golf Cart Guy" the supposed ex dealer that has been spreading the trash talk about Tomberlin on this site for several months. You have solved a lot of doubts about the future of Tomberlin as well as eased the minds of a lot of owners. I will look forward to upgrading my 2012 Emerge in a couple of years. My dealer,Tom Zenahlik of Odyssey Sports in Hayden, Id., has been a loyal advocate of Tomberlin during these trying times. A call to him (208-772-0222) would be appreciated and well deserved. Thanks again, Dick Canfield dcannow@comcast.net
Old 06-22-2015, 07:17 PM   #6
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

From your location I wondered if Tom was your guy. He is one of the easiest dealers to work with and treats people like he is related to them.

Most people have opinions like Golf Cart Guy but often they can be based on poor previous experience. If thats the case here then I look forward to the challenge of changing that opinion.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:57 PM   #7
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

I know the guy that started there in Idaho. Dave Ballard started it there and then got out when no product was available. Dave now buys parts from me to service the carts that he sold. I know he was the number 2 dealer when everything was going strong.

You guys got me wrong, I work on all brands of carts. Its just not good when you see carts that have constant and the exact same issues. Worked on 2 tomberlins today and the one customer will be spending more money if she decides to keep the cart. My opinion is based on fact.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:48 PM   #8
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Do me a favor if you can. Contact me direct on recurring issues so I can look into them and see how to fix it. Techsupport@parcar.com

Give Columbia a chance to change the problems youve been seeing.

John
Old 06-23-2015, 09:01 PM   #9
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Support View Post
Do me a favor if you can. Contact me direct on recurring issues so I can look into them and see how to fix it. Techsupport@parcar.com

Give Columbia a chance to change the problems youve been seeing.

John
Tech Support--I marvel at your patience and class in offering "The guy" your direct contact information. I won't bother to even debate him again.

Love my Tomberlin!!! Dick
Old 06-23-2015, 09:16 PM   #10
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Im all about helping techs regardless of brands or alliances. We all can share im good techniques and ideas. Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin