lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2015, 05:45 PM   #1
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Run time question

I am a club car owner, but one of my friends has a 2013 model YDREX3 Yamaha.
His 13 year girl drives it around the golf course community, they say after about 2 hours run time the bar meter drops to only two to three bars left and she brings it home.

I picked it up this morning and some of the battery cables had lite corrosion. I cleaned all that and checked the battery water which was all good. The pack voltage was 50.4 after over night charge. Batteries were 1-8.40 2-8.40 3-8.41 4-8.44 5-8.45 6-8.41.

I drove the cart around for about 2 miles and the bar meter dropped 3 bars and the batteries dropped to 8.38-9 I think one was 8.40.

BYW the batteries are 4/2013
Is this normal for this cart run time. I'm sure the girl ran the wheels off up and down hills as well.

Next question: There is a clunking sound coming from the rear when you start out or get real slow, is that normal. At normal speed it runs quite.

Thanks for the help. I'm a cc electric member. Hope you don't count that against me.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2015, 11:18 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Run time question

First question, who's meter are they using? Is it a "curtis 10-led"? A chinese knock-off? After your ride & a little rest before reading pack voltage, whats the pack voltage? Does the pack voltage (a good indicator of SOC), reflect the same as indicated on the meter? Is the meter installed by the factory (an optional add-on), if not, where is it connected? (directly to the battery terminals? To the factory-provided Soc meter wires?)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 02:55 PM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Don't know much about these carts. The meter is a knock off, seems to work pretty close to correct. No wires to the batteries but charging plug wires. The meter must be hooked to factory soc wires??? I feel good about the batteries being good. I charged them over night and this afternoon I checked the pack was at 51.2 volts. My biggest question is about the noise in the rear of the cart. It looks like the braking is in the rear axle no brake drums on the cart. I'm guessing this is the regen braking as well as the foot brakes. I'm also guessing the noise is just the clutches or what ever they use in the rear axle engaging and disengaging.

Thinking more about the run time, if she is moving for two hours at say ten miles per hour, that's twenty miles, pretty good for an electric cart in my book.

He has a club car also. I talked him into letting her use it to see how long she got with it.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:31 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Forward & reverse is done by changing motor spin direction, not shifting inside axle. First, pull motor, replace rubber bumper, clean everything & grease splines before reinstall motor.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:07 PM   #5
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I took the cart ack to him today. I don't mind helping a fried on something minor,but I'm not going to do hard labor for him.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:38 PM   #6
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

have him check the spacers between the hub and transaxle assembly and see if they will turn by hand, if so he needs to torque the axle nut at the hub to 75 ft/lb. That has been a common problem for clunking or grinding noises in the rear of the YRDE carts. I had to do that on my 13 YRDE.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha