lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2015, 10:55 AM   #1
LPnTX
Gone Wild

Default Question on DC DC converter

I have a 2007 Drive and it has a DC-DC converter but not hooked up. I want to put a radio and lights on it. The converter has two red wires, one black and one yellow. I assume one red to the positive to battery pack and the black goes to the negative. The other red is 12V positive out and yellow is negative 12V out.

Is this correct? I have no manual on it
LPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2015, 01:47 PM   #2
mardad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Question on DC DC converter

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...llow-wire.html
mardad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 02:28 PM   #3
LPnTX
Gone Wild

Yes, 48V-12V. Need to know what yellow wire is? Is it the negative wire on the output of the converter?
Old 12-22-2015, 02:54 PM   #4
mardad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I believe that thread I posted will answer all your ????'s.
mardad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 04:30 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Imop, pull it off and see if there are markings on it. Or if you can get a model number that would help. I just replaced one in a friends Ruff and Tuff and the wiring on it was not normal.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 05:00 PM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

There are many different DC to DC converters. You need to know what one you have and look up the wiring diagram for it. Don't guess or listen to anyone here unless they know exactly which converter you have. Mistakes can do damage to the unit.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 06:29 PM   #7
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
There are many different DC to DC converters. You need to know what one you have and look up the wiring diagram for it. Don't guess or listen to anyone here unless they know exactly which converter you have. Mistakes can do damage to the unit.
Best advise yet.... Some units are not going to forgive you hooking them up wrong even once. If you can open it up you may then be able to tell what is the proper wiring.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 12:26 AM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The factory only used "surepower" units, they are good (& expensive & have a "pinout" on the side). All Drives we ever ordered had factory lights, so i know that system well. Aftermarket lights in a Drive...... Wellllll......
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 11:41 AM   #9
LPnTX
Gone Wild

Thanks GTECH. It has factory lights, they just were not connected to the converter. Previous owner cut the wire. Do you think the yellow wire is the negative on the 12V output?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The factory only used "surepower" units, they are good (& expensive & have a "pinout" on the side). All Drives we ever ordered had factory lights, so i know that system well. Aftermarket lights in a Drive...... Wellllll......
Old 12-23-2015, 04:49 PM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Mind posting a pic of your convertor? The factory one is black with fins & a 6-pin connector (with 5 pins used). I dont remember any yellow wire on the factory connection to the convertor. Is it possible you have "factory-like" head lights & tail lights with aftermarket wiring & convertor?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha