lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2016, 09:40 PM   #1
RNation0001
Not Yet Wild

Default Looking for some advice/info

Hey guys kinda new to the site, i recently purchased a electric ezgo marathon, dead batteries, and im going to convert to gas. ive seen several converted with predator 212cc and so on however i have come across this engine and like it due to having reverse and a transmission, i know its a honda clone style engine and the honda parts would probably fit it but im looking to see if anyone knows where i could get some aftermarket upgrades for this engine, ill post the link to the engine. Let me know what you think. i realize its only a 125cc but with the differential already at a 12 to 1 reduction i think it will be ok.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331244599503...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
RNation0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2016, 04:03 PM   #2
tinyxxxviii
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Looking for some advice/info

Besides the fact that this motor is half the power that a gas cart normally has, you are looking at a lot of fabrication. You will have to make a hand shifter with custom cables. You will have to make a motor mount that is strong enough to hold it in place. Is the rotation correct? If it is not you would end up with multiple reverse gears and one forward gear. All wiring is in your court which is no small feat. Lastly, finding a sprocket adaptor to the rear end is not going to be easy.
Now I'm not trying to Troll you, I just want you to be aware of what you are fixing to under take.

I think it would be better to upgrade your cart. say going to 48v or even 72v with a monster motor.
but if you set on gas, fix what you have so you can flip it to buy a gas cart.
tinyxxxviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 04:32 PM   #3
Ron Benedict
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I agree.
Ron Benedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:06 PM   #4
RNation0001
Not Yet Wild

lol fabrication is my job, i realize theres a power difference but with the gear reduction of the 3 gears i think it will be ok from my calculations, rotation should be correct i just was wondering if anyone knows of a aftermarket place to get upgrades from, but if its not the amount of power i want ill probably just go with a larger 4-wheeler engine. i could probably fix and sell and will probably spend about as much but i enjoy the build, and now that my 67 camaro and 70 chevelle is almost done i figure this will be a nice new build. and i like that its a metal bodied golf cart
RNation0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 02:25 AM   #5
Poki808man
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNation0001 View Post
lol fabrication is my job, i realize theres a power difference but with the gear reduction of the 3 gears i think it will be ok from my calculations, rotation should be correct i just was wondering if anyone knows of a aftermarket place to get upgrades from, but if its not the amount of power i want ill probably just go with a larger 4-wheeler engine. i could probably fix and sell and will probably spend about as much but i enjoy the build, and now that my 67 camaro and 70 chevelle is almost done i figure this will be a nice new build. and i like that its a metal bodied golf cart
Hey any update on your build? I'm thinking of doing the same conversion. I've seen another thread that he used a 125cc and initially had issues with gearing but he fixed that with a jackshaft setup. Let me know what you did. thanks.
Poki808man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO