lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2016, 08:43 PM   #1
Wanny07
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Steps to take the rear body off of a 2012 YDRE

Anyone know where I can see a step-by-step on how to take the rear body off of my cart? I want to get the motor off and look it over (and maybe replace the brushes) and believe the panel has to come off first.
Wanny07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2016, 08:20 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Steps to take the rear body off of a 2012 YDRE

You can remove the motor without removing the rear body. Put it up on ramps and take the bag well cover off. You can unbolt the motor and drop it down. Put a strap around it and let it down easily. I have done this with mine - much easier than removing the body.
IMPORTANT! Put it in TOW mode and disconnect one of the battery cables before starting work!
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:44 AM   #3
Wanny07
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
You can remove the motor without removing the rear body. Put it up on ramps and take the bag well cover off. You can unbolt the motor and drop it down. Put a strap around it and let it down easily. I have done this with mine - much easier than removing the body.
IMPORTANT! Put it in TOW mode and disconnect one of the battery cables before starting work!
I had it on jacks yesterday to check the axle nuts. I was trying to figure out if I could get it off and out....I'll give it a try. Have you ever messed with changing the brushes on your motor? That's why I want to get the motor off
Wanny07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 10:20 AM   #4
beerstache
Not Yet Wild

If you succeed, a guide would be awesome :)

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge
beerstache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 11:23 AM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I had my motor out to replace it with a D&D. It was not hard at all - I had a buddy help from the top while I helped underneath when installing the new motor. Getting the old one out I did by myself from the bag well. I wrapped a piece of webbing around the motor to hold onto when I lowered it down after pulling it free from the coupler.
No I have not done a brush job on one of these.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha