lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2016, 01:27 PM   #1
Joel Craig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Worth?

someone is looking to sell this cart to me for $300 they say that it runs good. Good deal or not?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00h0h_8b4Dp8riD99_1200x900.jpg (68.1 KB, 0 views)
Joel Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2016, 04:08 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Worth?

looks like a really nice G1e to me. kinda depends on if the batteries are shot. if the batteries are old, or poorly taken care of its not much of a deal. batteries cost at least $700 new. look for date code stamped in the battery terminal post, or a sticker. date codes are formatted as follows A-L indicates month (A=january) followed by a number. B4 would equal Feb, 2014 (or 2004 ). average battery life is 4-6 years, so finding working batteries that were 12 years old would be very unlikely.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:19 PM   #3
Vabeachg19e
Not Yet Wild

That's a very cool looking cart!
Vabeachg19e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 11:00 AM   #4
Joel Craig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you Thank you , I went ahead and purchased it , he mentioned that the batteries were 2years old I'm going to use the info you gave me to confirm . but so far everything seems to be in great shape and runs strong.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:10 AM   #5
Joel Craig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I like the way it looks .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg #2 cart .jpg (72.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg #2 cart.jpg (180.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-14-2016, 12:21 PM   #6
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Great deal, I would have jumped on it and never looked back. You have yourself a great looking cart. I am a big fan of the G1 carts and have been collecting parts for these for some time now. Best of luck and keep me posted o. How you like it. That is a clean machine.
meangreenmachine72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 01:00 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

i got to thinking on that thing, it seems like the perfect cart to start with for a real nice 48v solid state conversion. ditch that resistor speed control, and put a Alltrax in there & a updated F&R contactor setup (the original F&r contactors are limited to 36v, and are crazy expensive). All the clubcar motors bolt right on that axle, so motor options are plentiful.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 01:10 PM   #8
Joel Craig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey, that's nice, Thanks, G1 you say ? you are the second person to say that , I've found a number stamped into the frame behind the rear bumper J36-011249 but when I enter this number in the Yamaha website the closest matching numbers j36-011212 wich is a 1986 model g1em, So I'm going to call it a G1 also. the batteries have stickers on them that say 2/13 no other stamps or markings that i have yet found. I have an EZGO that i enjoy working on , i lifted it new wiring , tires etc.As much as i want to, I can't come up with anything to do to this one , It's kinda good the way it sits. I'll clean it up real good and maybe sell it.
Old 08-14-2016, 01:14 PM   #9
Joel Craig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I Know that i can not increase my speed in the ezgo without putting up some big bucks, but do we know if this one can be tweaked in order to increase the speed?
Old 08-14-2016, 01:18 PM   #10
Joel Craig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

oh hey , i didn't see your message cgteck before my last messages. I like what you are saying, say more stuff like that, please, im listening.

Tags
just a little info
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha