lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2017, 09:17 AM   #1
WVCartMan
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1983 2PG Carburetor Adjustment

Hi all,

I have gotten my cart back together again and have it running. It starts and runs well but the engine does not seem to peak on RPM. I have rebuilt the fuel pump, cleaned the carb, replaced the air filter and installed a new plug.

I think that it is running rich and needs to be leaned out a bit. Attached is the page from the 1985 manual that has the parts breakdown for the carb. Unfortunately there is no key to go along with the drawing.

I'm assuming that #9 is in fact the mixture screw and that by tightening this screw slowly with the throttle wide open that I can peak the RPM and get the engine running at optimum.

Any help on how to properly set up this carb is appreciated. The manual seems to be short on these details.

Thanks,

Chuck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1985 E-Z-Go Carburetor.pdf (549.4 KB, 0 views)
WVCartMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2017, 10:02 AM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1983 2PG Carburetor Adjustment

That is the pilot air screw. It gets one full turn out. There is no real adjustment on these carburetors.

Attached is the entire manual with the rest of section J, and all of the instructions.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 85-EZGO(2) (1).pdf (6.71 MB, 0 views)
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO