lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2017, 11:47 AM   #1
Elevatorguy
Not Yet Wild

Default 2005 eh350 ezgo workhorse carburetor

I need some help finding the right carburetor for my 2005 eh350cc ezgo workhorse 1200. Found one at ezgo well over 250.00. My question is will one of these 30.00 ones online work.
Elevatorguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2017, 06:35 PM   #2
8mpg
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2005 eh350 ezgo workhorse carburetor

Youre probably better off posting this in the EZGO Gas section. The $30 ones on ebay are hit and miss from what I have read. Do you have one already? Its probably better to try and clean yours/rebuild it
8mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:36 AM   #3
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

I agree on both. Repost this in the EZGO forum and rebuild the carburetor you have, if it's at all possible. You might get lucky with that $30 carburetor, but not likely. Carburetor parts are expensive, so expect to pay about 1/2 of the new carburetor price for the parts to completely rebuild it. Gaskets and rubber parts all likely need replacing. If there is an accelerator pump, be sure to replace the diaphram in it. The float will need replacing if it's 10 or more years old. The plastic gradually absorbs fuel and will sit lower in the bowl. This will raise the level of fuel in the float bowl, making the engine run rich or overflowing the float bowl. A new float needle valve should be on the list too.

Two years ago I completely rebuilt a Keihin carburetor for my Cushman Truckster and it cost me $132 for the parts needed, but the motor ran like new afterward, one revolution starts when warm and 2-3 when cold. It was worth every penny to rebuild it.

Charley
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:10 AM   #4
Elevatorguy
Not Yet Wild

So last night I pulled the motor again went threw everything again and found that the timing pulley is worn out on the alignment Pin I Reyes to set it right and tighten it up but now it will start but it has no power
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (198.1 KB, 0 views)
Elevatorguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO