lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2017, 09:24 AM   #1
wisconsinjimmy
Getting Wild
Harley Davidson

Default HELP Timing how to

Serial-523809
Data-D2889

In the bible it say's to use a timing light to check the timing how the hoot do you get a timing light to work in less then enough room. My Craftsman will not fit in the space between the frame and engine or do I bring the piston to TDC and compare the marks???
Thank you
Jim
wisconsinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2017, 10:18 AM   #2
clr.R4tch3t
Getting Wild

Default Re: HELP Timing how to

I think you are supposed to pull the center fan cover off and time it from the top. At least that is what you are supposed to do with the 2pg engine. The fan has a tick mark that lines up with a line on the fan shield at 1500 RPM in forward with the wheels off the ground.
clr.R4tch3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 01:10 PM   #3
wisconsinjimmy
Getting Wild
Harley Davidson

Default Re: HELP Timing how to

I have tried to get a timing light in the narrow space but there is not enough room. When I had the engine timing apart I noticed an arrow on the inside shield that pointed at where the timing should be problem was no way to hook up electricity to the ignitor, I do not need to burn it out. I did move the timing plate so that the screws were in the middle of the slots. Also when looking qat the side of the engine with the ignitor the left screw has a deep notch cut into it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101_0050.jpg (97.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 101_0052.jpg (84.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 101_0053.jpg (78.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 101_0054.jpg (110.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 101_0055.jpg (202.8 KB, 0 views)
wisconsinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO