lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2017, 08:40 AM   #1
Craeshe
Getting Wild

Default Need to find this exact speed sensor...

Pretty sure my speed sensor went out, I thought it was my solenoid so I replaced that, but the cart is still staying in limp mode. I can find generic speed sensors all day long, but I can't find the pictured one with that specific screw holes.....anyone help out? Otherwise, do generic eBay/Amazon ones work if it has the same electrical plug?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Craeshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2017, 09:28 AM   #2
Craeshe
Getting Wild

Default Re: Need to find this exact speed sensor...

Ok, I found it. Quick question, do I need to replace the magnet as well? Separate piece. How do I test just the magnet?

Old 06-29-2017, 09:42 AM   #3
rib33024

If the magnet is not broke, It's not bad. I think you can put a speed magnet in the yamaha's and get a few more MPH's
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:57 AM   #4
Craeshe
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
If the magnet is not broke, It's not bad. I think you can put a speed magnet in the yamaha's and get a few more MPH's
My cart keeps going into limp mode. It will get up to about half speed, then jerk a little here and there to keep that speed. The previous owner disabled the buzzer :-/. I just replaced solenoid. When driving, I can here the motor kicking on and off. It just won't go higher than say 7 mph.

Any suggestions. I feel the symptoms are that of a bad sensor, but Ill clean this one and reinstall it, do the push test and see what happens.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:00 PM   #5
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a stock motor with a good sensor. I will never reinstall this motor or rebuid it. If your speed sensor turns out to be bad. PM me. You can also check the throttle sensor and throttle switch in the pedal assembly. Could be an issue with either one. You should have a throttle sensor that looks like the pictures. I rebuilt a 2011 G29 from ground up and it had a frozen throttle pedal. When trying to free it up the pedal casting broke and rendered the entire unit useless. I had to purchase a complete assy and it came with new throttle assy. I have the old throttle sensor and pedal switch which are good. Same issue on the PM, if either of yours turns out bad. If all test good, pull apart and spray heavily the entire cart's connectors with contact cleaner and reconnect them. I cured an intermittent problem on a CC that way and never had an issue again. Good luck.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 12:59 AM   #6
Craeshe
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
I have a stock motor with a good sensor. I will never reinstall this motor or rebuid it. If your speed sensor turns out to be bad. PM me. You can also check the throttle sensor and throttle switch in the pedal assembly. Could be an issue with either one. You should have a throttle sensor that looks like the pictures. I rebuilt a 2011 G29 from ground up and it had a frozen throttle pedal. When trying to free it up the pedal casting broke and rendered the entire unit useless. I had to purchase a complete assy and it came with new throttle assy. I have the old throttle sensor and pedal switch which are good. Same issue on the PM, if either of yours turns out bad. If all test good, pull apart and spray heavily the entire cart's connectors with contact cleaner and reconnect them. I cured an intermittent problem on a CC that way and never had an issue again. Good luck.
Thank you! I ordered a new speed sensor just to have. Even if the other is not bad, I went ahead and replaced it while I have some money. If that fails, ill look at the pedal connectors.

Old 07-08-2017, 09:41 PM   #7
Craeshe
Getting Wild

Alright guys, need your help. The new one failed the push test and the cart is still in limp mode....The solenoid kicks in when it rolls away, but the regenative braking seems to be not kicking in. Signs of a bad speed sensor right? Possible I got a new did, or do I need to do something else??

Old 07-08-2017, 09:44 PM   #8
Craeshe
Getting Wild

I put the old one back in for shits and giggles, it fails the push that as well. Do I need to resert the controller or something?

Old 07-18-2017, 06:06 AM   #9
Craeshe
Getting Wild

For anyone following. I ended up replacing the controller and it did not fix the problem. Solution was frozen brushings in thier guides. Some lube and we're back in business.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha