lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2017, 11:00 AM   #1
Jamesotn
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 08 YDRE Puzzeling electrical issue HELP!!

Bought this recently with 2017 Trojan 1275 batteries in it...ran perfect.
Took it to the campground....after about 20 min...slowed and stopped...would only back up. Used load tester on batteries. The last one in the series that connects to the ground I assume goes to the controller...showed bad. I assumed it had a short and replaced it with a new battery.
Tested cart....ran like a scalded dog!! Took it to campground...ran 20 min and stopped. Brought it home just now.
Showing total voltage 51.4
That same battery...(the brand new one) shows to be very bad w/ load tester!!
I noticed when I loaded it at the campground, there was battery acid on the concrete...opposite where the new battery sits.
NEVER seen this folks...need some high tech help...please

Thanks !!

Just put on new cables and checked the batteries...all 3 of the original trojans have had the water boiled out of the cells to where you can see the plates....I just filled them 36 hrs ago before charging ! ???

Last edited by Jamesotn; 09-05-2017 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: add info
Jamesotn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2017, 02:07 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 08 YDRE Puzzeling electrical issue HELP!!

I bet that one of the charger wires may not have been put back on the correct terminal, causing 3 batteries to be significantly overcharged, and one to not be charged at all. Care to post a pic from under your seat, it needs to include all batteries, but be close enough I can see all wires.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:25 PM   #3
Jamesotn
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 08 YDRE Puzzeling electrical issue HELP!!

You were exactly right sir....tech who installed the batteries ( before I bought it ) put black wire from charge recepticle on the 3rd battery instead of the 4th or last one. You saved me a 70 mile trip up on a mountain ...AND now my wife will be VERY happy !! Yippeeee
Bless you and you're wonderful skills !!
Jamesotn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha