lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2017, 11:52 PM   #21
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 ST350 won't fire

Keep us posted. Definitely adjust the valves once you have done the belt. The timing marks are easy to see and get right, loosen the idler pulley bolt to allow you to get the new belt on. You will need to remove the drive clutch to do this job, it is easy with the correct tool, but can be done other ways if necessary. once the clutch is off, you can remove the bottom bolt and the cover easily. when you have the new belt fitted, put a bit of light pressure on the idler pulley to the belt by loosening the pulley bolt again and the spring should push the pulley onto the belt at the correct tension and then do the bolt back up, do not over tighten the belt or you will be doing this job again. just make sure it is not loose. looking at your valve adjusters, i would say that they have never been adjusted so the two middle ones will probably be tight.

Good luck.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2017, 07:38 AM   #22
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Keep us posted. Definitely adjust the valves once you have done the belt. The timing marks are easy to see and get right, loosen the idler pulley bolt to allow you to get the new belt on. You will need to remove the drive clutch to do this job, it is easy with the correct tool, but can be done other ways if necessary. once the clutch is off, you can remove the bottom bolt and the cover easily. when you have the new belt fitted, put a bit of light pressure on the idler pulley to the belt by loosening the pulley bolt again and the spring should push the pulley onto the belt at the correct tension and then do the bolt back up, do not over tighten the belt or you will be doing this job again. just make sure it is not loose. looking at your valve adjusters, i would say that they have never been adjusted so the two middle ones will probably be tight.

Good luck.

Yea I was already planning to jack it up and try to get the drive clutch off. Was reading the thread on how to do it last night
Mrjonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:54 AM   #23
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

After reading the clutch thread, is it best to just start by using an impact? Skip the breaker bar method?

I've been looking for an excuse to buy an impact....
Old 10-25-2017, 09:53 AM   #24
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

The breaker bar method is a bit hit and miss so you need a removal tool or a bolt that fits and a piece of bar/rod (a short 3/8 socket extension may do) to drive the clutch off with an impact driver or ratchet. I cannot remember the thread of the bolt needed but may be 3/4 imperial fine. Someone else may know. I have the correct tool so I just use that.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:03 AM   #25
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
The breaker bar method is a bit hit and miss so you need a removal tool or a bolt that fits and a piece of bar/rod (a short 3/8 socket extension may do) to drive the clutch off with an impact driver or ratchet. I cannot remember the thread of the bolt needed but may be 3/4 imperial fine. Someone else may know. I have the correct tool so I just use that.
Dang. I was hoping to do it soon and not wait for delivery of the tool. Maybe I'll try 1 of these home made methods
Old 10-25-2017, 11:04 AM   #26
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

If you go back to the tech section of gas Ezgo, there is a good description of what you need to make the tool. I don't think any automotive clutch pullers will suit. If you imagine a 3/4 fine thread bolt about six inches long and then the thread is turned off on a lathe four inches from the end, youelwill have a bolt with about two inches of thread down from the head and then it is smooth from the thread to the end, this is what you need to imitate. But, if you take out the 1/2 inch retaining bolt from the clutch and almost fill the hole it comes out of with grease, then impact a two inch long g bolt (3/4) in, then the grease will go solid and push the clutch right off. Simples
Old 10-25-2017, 11:36 AM   #27
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Yea I'm reading a 2 inch 3/4 fine thread bolt and a 5 5/8 inch rod.

Going to try and source this now and see if I can't figure it out! Maybe still buy my impact as well
Old 10-25-2017, 11:48 AM   #28
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Impact is definitely easiest breaker bar is hard to get any torque because it just spins the motor over when going back together a little cheat is to make sure one piston is bdc of COMPRESSION STROKE (want both valves closed) and feed clean rope into spark plug hole the piston will compress the rope and won't turn over any more and you can then torque your clutch bolt without the motor just spinning over
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:27 PM   #29
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Found the bolt easily, store didn't have any short pieces of rod so the hunt continues
Old 10-25-2017, 12:52 PM   #30
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

A bolt with the head cut off will work as a rod or a piece of rebar will also. And yes the impact makes a big difference
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO