lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2017, 07:25 PM   #51
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2007 ST350 won't fire

And it runs!

Gps on my phone said 15.8mph so time to adjust the governor
Mrjonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2017, 12:52 AM   #52
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Well done. So how did you manage the get the clutch off in the end. One trick i should have mentioned is to leave the drive belt in place, pull the top and bottom of the belt together between the two clutches and zip tie them together to keep them tight in the clutches, place the cart in gear with the park brake on and then you can spin the bolt without the clutch turning, as the belt will grip the clutches nice and tight.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 07:35 AM   #53
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Good deal
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:13 AM   #54
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Well done. So how did you manage the get the clutch off in the end. One trick i should have mentioned is to leave the drive belt in place, pull the top and bottom of the belt together between the two clutches and zip tie them together to keep them tight in the clutches, place the cart in gear with the park brake on and then you can spin the bolt without the clutch turning, as the belt will grip the clutches nice and tight.
I actually got the bolt loose using a regular wrench and the rope in the spark plug hole trick. Slightly thicker rope made all the difference.

I then disconnected the rear driver shock and ubolts, and jacked the driver side frame up, which allowed for a ton of clearance.

After that, the rod (bolt with head cut off) and 3/4 bolt, used my under powered impact, that had enough juice to pop it off.

Ah crap....as I'm sitting here typing this and playing through the steps in my head, I can't remember tightening the idler pulley back once I put the timing belt on. I feel like I did, because I remember lining the spring up, but don't actually remember tightening it.

Funny thing is I told my wife I'm confident I could knock the job out in a fraction of the time if I had to do it again

Looks like I might have to do it again
Old 10-30-2017, 09:03 AM   #55
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Practice makes perfect. Depending on your model, you may just have to pop off the clutch and find a rubber grommet in the timing cover, if so pop it out and it should allow you to get to the tensioner bolt

Mind you it takes no time to just pop the cover off once the clutch is out of the way. It will pop right off easy this time. probably just hold the clutch by hand and a turn on a wrench might do it.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:10 AM   #56
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Practice makes perfect. Depending on your model, you may just have to pop off the clutch and find a rubber grommet in the timing cover, if so pop it out and it should allow you to get to the tensioner bolt

Mind you it takes no time to just pop the cover off once the clutch is out of the way. It will pop right off easy this time. probably just hold the clutch by hand and a turn on a wrench might do it.

Yes I have the rubber grommet

However, I took the top 2 bolts out of the cover and was able to wedge my hand in there and push on the pulley, it didn't budge. I then got a wrench on it and couldn't make it tighten, so I'm think I tightened it and just don't remember
Old 10-30-2017, 11:25 AM   #57
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

You have to loosen it off to allow the spring to push the pulley onto the belt, then tighten it up. Simples!
Old 10-30-2017, 11:48 AM   #58
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Quote:
You have to loosen it off to allow the spring to push the pulley onto the belt, then tighten it up. Simples!
Yes I know, I was meaning that I went to check by just opening the timing belt cover enough to get my fingers in there. Spring was in correct spot and when I pushed on it with my fingers, it didn't move. So I'm thinking I did tighten it back up

Now onto adjusting the governor.......
Old 05-24-2018, 08:25 PM   #59
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Bumping an old thread so I can give Cartmaster props

Having to remove the clutch again so I can check the timing/diagnose my problem and this go around I used his zip tie method with the impact and it took me no time at all. Don’t remember exactly how long it was my first go around but I know it took much much longer!
Old 05-25-2018, 12:01 AM   #60
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Cheers. I put it down to old age and experience.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO