lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2018, 09:38 AM   #1
reddirt41
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default EZGO 1989 2 cycle Marathon Rough Condition Value

I looked at two 1989 EZGO Marathon carts in rough condition over the weekend with a asking price of $600 for both. They were both very rough, not running and two cycle engines. I have 13 Grandkids and I keep carts for them two ride when they visit and was wondering what a reasonable price for these may be or should I just forget them. As I was leaving they went down to $400 for both. Is it expensive to work on 2 cycle engines and do they perform well when they are running? The carts did not have roofs or back seats just bare basic carts. Any advice from someone with knowledge of these carts would be appreciated.
reddirt41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2018, 08:42 PM   #2
redm18
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO 1989 2 cycle Marathon Rough Condition Value

I paid for 250 for an 87 in probably the same condition earlier this summer. Probably put 5 times into it in parts.
redm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:50 PM   #3
reddirt41
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for responding. Is your cart running now and if so are you satisfied with it?
reddirt41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:27 PM   #4
redm18
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddirt41 View Post
Thanks for responding. Is your cart running now and if so are you satisfied with it?
It is running and I'm for most part happy with it. At this point I have or will have after this weekend replaced most major parts. They are fairly easy to work on and most parts are not crazy expensive just a lot of places where you can drop hundred or couple of hundred dollars at a time if you do the work. Also the 2 cycle engines are pretty fast with the governor off. I think faster than a lot of the stock 4 strokes.
redm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO