lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2018, 04:48 PM   #1
traperguy84
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Will this wiring work?

I have a 36V Taylor Dunn utility truck. It will need new batteries, currently it is wired like a traditional 36V cart using six 6-volt batteries. I am looking at getting six 12-volt batteries and upgrading all the wiring to something a bit bigger. Will this wiring setup work? I cant think of a reason it wouldn't, but wanted to run it past you pro's!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 17.42.42.png (71.8 KB, 0 views)
traperguy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2018, 10:44 PM   #2
mlj427
Gone Wild

Default Re: Will this wiring work?

Just curious why?
mlj427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 06:19 PM   #3
traperguy84
Gone Wild

Club Car

I figure why not. It seems like 12V are cheaper than 6
Old 08-07-2018, 06:47 AM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Yes, that will work and it's an interesting concept. You will get very long run times with that but you will also need very long charge times.

Not sure where you are getting batteries but I have never seen a 12v golf cart battery cost less then a 6v golf cart battery unless you are comparing a 12v car battery to a 6v golf cart battery. If that's the case just note that car batteries don't do well in carts. Pay attention to the amp hour (ah) ratings on batteries. Generally, the higher the ah the longer it will last between charges.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 07:31 PM   #5
traperguy84
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
Yes, that will work and it's an interesting concept. You will get very long run times with that but you will also need very long charge times.

Not sure where you are getting batteries but I have never seen a 12v golf cart battery cost less then a 6v golf cart battery unless you are comparing a 12v car battery to a 6v golf cart battery. If that's the case just note that car batteries don't do well in carts. Pay attention to the amp hour (ah) ratings on batteries. Generally, the higher the ah the longer it will last between charges.

Thanks for your opinion! I appreciate it. I didn't know that there were actually specific 12V golf cart batteries. I was comparing vehicle to golf carts.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:53 AM   #6
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

If switching to 12volt why not just go with 3, keeping the total at 36v, making it indeed a cheaper swap, and saving the added weight and charge times? Can't imaging at a later date having to pay for 6 more 12volts.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts