lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2018, 02:47 PM   #1
dwk2infl
Not Yet Wild

Default 48v Star Loses Power FAST

I have a 2008 Star EV 48 volt that I purchased about 6 months ago. Would run a steady 20-25 mph and hold a charge for several hours. It now loses power so fast that it can’t even get up to 20 mph after a full over night charge. The battery meter also drops to about half charge after traveling only a couple miles.

The only problem I’ve found so far is one cell in one of the batteries showing a specific gravity lower than the meter can even read, even after extracting the electrolyte, adding new electrolyte, and recharging the battery.

Voltage is good for each battery and each cell.

I’m pretty new to carts so not sure how else to troubleshoot. Any help is greatly appreciated!
dwk2infl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
battery, charge, power, slow, speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay