lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2019, 09:09 PM   #1
porkenstein
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default ACG Golf Carts

Anyone have information on ACG custom golf carts as far as quality and reliability. Are they built on a regular chassis such as a club car or it it their own parts. They make carts such as the one below. thanks in advance.

porkenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2019, 07:30 AM   #2
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: ACG Golf Carts

I never heard of them. Just did a Bing search. They don't say if they use an existing frame from CC or anyone else. They do say they build them from the ground up. One of the owners manuals I looked at said the chassis is made with aluminum I beams. Don't remember which one. So if they do use an existing frame from one of the big golf cart producers, at least for that particular cart, it would be Club Car.

They have some cool looking carts, that's for sure!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 08:37 AM   #3
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Cool looking carts but just about the worst reviews that I have read in a very long time... I think that I'll be keeping as far away from those as I can!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:40 AM   #4
porkenstein
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
Cool looking carts but just about the worst reviews that I have read in a very long time... I think that I'll be keeping as far away from those as I can!

Yup I finally found only just one review which was horrible. If the review is correct they are being made in China so as much as I love them I guess I will just settle for a regular golf cart and maybe just do a lift kit on it.
porkenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:37 PM   #5
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

That's interesting to hear. I thought ACG produced the California roadsters which have been around for a while and used to be on club car chassis but maybe they have changed and gone downhill.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:08 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
That's interesting to hear. I thought ACG produced the California roadsters which have been around for a while and used to be on club car chassis but maybe they have changed and gone downhill.
This is what I thought too.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 06:25 AM   #7
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'll bet it went down hill after Boyd Coddington passed in early 2008. I wouldn't think he would allow anything associated with his name to be anything less than quality.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 10:11 AM   #8
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

I actually saw one down at the Square last night. Really cool from 50' and went downhill with every step closer.. pretty disappointing once we started looking at the details and materials used. Stickers for reflectors and really cheap incandescent marker lights ect. ...

MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:55 PM   #9
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

An ACG golf cart went through Barrett Jackson Auction in Palm Beach today fully redone. Check out the auction results page if you are interested.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts