lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2019, 09:16 AM   #1
Brade
Not Yet Wild

Default Hummer buggy not moving

Hi there,

We have recently acquired a Hummer H3 buggy, however discovered that the thing wont move.

We've spent most of today trying to figure out what's going on. So, first we fully charged the batteries for 12 hours to ensure a full charge. The buggy has a 6 x 8volt battery setup (48v). I have tested each battery individually and they all read around 8.6v using my voltmeter. I also tested the pack which reads approx 51.6v. As far as I know these readings are within the normal ranges.

The second thing we tried was to power on the buggy. When I turn the ignition switch I hear a click from the solenoid at the back and the lights turn on, indicating we have power. I then switch the buggy into forward or reverse gear which produces another solenoid click. Everything seems normal at this point. I then put my foot on the accelerator pedal and nothing. No click or sound from the solenoid. Just silence.

I tried testing to see if the small posts on the solenoid are receiving power and they are indicating the full power pack reading, so power is reaching the solenoid.

Where else could the problem lie? Could it be the pedal sensor?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Brad
Brade is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
buggy, cart, not working, solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts