lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2019, 11:36 PM   #31
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: First Golf Car - G14

Throttle set screw should be backed off until there is a gap between the screw and throttle arm, then tightened back up until it "just touches" the throttle arm. It's there to support the throttle blade, and keep it from eventually digging into the carb body.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2019, 06:00 PM   #32
MattH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I “adjusted” the cable and it does much better with pedal feathering, especially uphill.

This is what I found when I inspected the cable. The end had been pulled out and wrapped around the clip (yellow) and held in place with wire (blue) to take out the slack and make the cable tight.
MattH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:07 PM   #33
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I'd say it's time for a new cable.

I can tell you from experience both on my yamaha and my ckub car, a new cable makes a huge world of difference in how the cart drives
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:59 PM   #34
MattH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Good idea, I’ll get one on order. When ordering parts for my golf car should I stay away from amazon, eBay etc? Is the new cable install as easy as following the old cable? Any tips/tricks? Also the car seems faster on take off but slower top speed now.. maybe all in my head idk.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:08 PM   #35
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

For stuff like cables and little things like that, aftermarket seems to work just as well as oem. So I usually pick however it will get to me quickest and cheapest.

For things like carb, engine components, electronics (ignition components) etc, OEM is the only way to go.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:23 AM   #36
MattH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Back again, had a hard time leaving on the last ride. It cranked hard for almost a minute then finally shuttered before taking off. I’m thinking the clutches need to be replaced before it leaves me stranded. With the info in this thread, lift and bigger tires.. any recommendations on upgraded clutches (primary/secondary/spring)? Thanks.
Old 05-21-2020, 06:25 PM   #37
MattH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

So I installed my Jakes power kit today. My half moon key was non existent and I already had a splined washer on the cart. I have a nice even power band through out the entire ride now. I’m still having a hard jerk at take off from a stop. I took the drive clutch cover off and everything moves like it supposed to. I greased it up and it slides like butter now. Any other idea why it’s jerking so bad at takeoff?

I thought it may have been clutches, rear end or possibly carb/throttle cable. I haven’t bought a new carb or cable yet, but could it be the breaks not fully disengaging till late?
Old 05-22-2020, 06:50 AM   #38
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

I'm guessing here, but you have a very stiff spring and 1 new clutch sheave-- and 1 sheave that is 25 years old, that may have significant wear on it. I don't think the brakes are an issue.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:28 AM   #39
MattH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
I'm guessing here, but you have a very stiff spring and 1 new clutch sheave-- and 1 sheave that is 25 years old, that may have significant wear on it. I don't think the brakes are an issue.
Dave, thanks for reply. I only installed the new spring. I did not get the inner machined shaft.

This issue was happening before spring install. Attached is a pic of my drive clutch. It opens and closes perfectly, no hang up on the rollers from what I can see.

Maybe the sheaves are just too worn to catch properly at start up?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D772944E-2AAC-4D44-BE1F-CCE7117DEA82.jpg (70.2 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha