lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2019, 11:27 AM   #11
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Default Re: Curtis Controller Programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayp1017 View Post
It is most likely not a fake. Curtis markings lazered on all components ect ect ect. Is it possible when the guy before me changed speed sensor he needed to recalibrate the controller or something?
There's not really any calibration needed unless the magnet pole number is changed. I wouldn't suggest touching the 15V to the Ground wire though... the output regulator could be damaged that way. Speed sensors operate as an open collector. Think of it as an NPN transistor or N-channel FET where the passing magnetic pole acts as the Base/Gate. The 15V is to power the hall effect. Its equivalent operation is connecting and disconnecting the wire you measured as 5V to ground. The 5V is a pull up from a resistor, the control is reading the time between switching as an RPM. If its pulsing the motor armature and doesnt see any speed sensor pulses it will reduce the speed by setting a fixed field current and armature PWM% (with Curtis its usually around 20% with 10A field) which on stock vehicles results in approx 4mph.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2019, 11:44 AM   #12
jayp1017
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Well I do not understand what your saying really but I'm sure I dont know how to fix it! So frustrated!
jayp1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:04 PM   #13
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Did you try measuring the wire that is at 5V when its plugged into the motor? (black lead on B-, red lead on 5V wire) then if you push the cart by hand *slowly* it should switch between 0 and 5. If you do so quickly it'll likely read 2.5V. Check out the manuals in the link I posted, the diagram should show you which wire is which.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:13 PM   #14
jayp1017
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I just did. Its reads roughly 4.5v and does not change if I spin the back wheels.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:17 PM   #15
jayp1017
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

took a magnet with speed sensor connected...went around the sensor with magnet and it did speed up. So do I have a bad magnet or???
Old 08-16-2019, 08:16 PM   #16
jayp1017
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

UPDATE:

FIXED!

Turns out the magnet for one reason or another was recessed too far into the motor housing so it wasnt strong enough to pickup the speed sensor. I put a washer behind the magnet to make it closer to the sensor. Runs fine now!
Old 08-16-2019, 09:31 PM   #17
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Excellent!!
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts