lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2020, 10:22 PM   #1
Charles Colson
Not Yet Wild

Default G2 Gas Gauge Install

I’m looking to add a fuel gauge (so I don’t run out) on my G2. Did some google searches but I did not see anything really helpful. Anybody have experience with installing a fuel gauge on G2? Any helpful tips or suggestions ?
Charles Colson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2020, 10:26 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: G2 Gas Gauge Install

They have a fuel gauge on top of the tank. Most the time you dant really read them, but a new one is like 30 bucks.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 01:59 PM   #3
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I installed a tempo marine fuel gauge in my G 14 which I did a bump. I also used the same set up on my HD/Columbia cart. I see the Seachoice 15501 on ebay looks identical to the kits I used.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 06:43 PM   #4
Charles Colson
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
They have a fuel gauge on top of the tank. Most the time you dant really read them, but a new one is like 30 bucks.
Are you saying that there already should be a gauge on top of the tank? Or that’s where most install them, but never use them?
Old 01-16-2020, 06:47 PM   #5
Charles Colson
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
I installed a tempo marine fuel gauge in my G 14 which I did a bump. I also used the same set up on my HD/Columbia cart. I see the Seachoice 15501 on ebay looks identical to the kits I used.
Thanks, these seem fairly easy to install, drill a hole in the tank screw it down and wire up the gauge. Is that true?

Not sure what a “bump” is though.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:20 PM   #6
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The bump moves an older thread up so someone asking a question can see the thread. Yes drill a hole in the tank ,mount the gauge and follow the wiring included in the kit
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 09:04 PM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Colson View Post
Are you saying that there already should be a gauge on top of the tank? Or that’s where most install them, but never use them?
Yes. The round thing next to the gas cap is a fuel gauge. you probably cant read it, they're usually spraypainted over or weathered too badly to read but it is there.

Part number is J38-85710-03-00

https://www.partzilla.com/product/ya...RoCQXEQAvD_BwE
Old 01-18-2020, 12:00 PM   #8
Charles Colson
Not Yet Wild

Thanks CP241. I changed the fuel line yesterday and cleaned up the engine area really good (previous owner never did) and found the gauge under the caked on grime on the fuel tank. You are correct, Ican’t hardly read it & not sure if it’s working. However looking at it, it doesn’t look like it pops out very easy, almost like it’s “glued on the tank“ if that makes sense. Have you changed one out? I see they’re only 20 bucks......
Old 01-18-2020, 01:26 PM   #9
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

It's just a rubber grommet. It will pop out if you pry on it.

Once it's out you may be able to use some 2000 grit and wet sand it good, then a quick hit with a buffer may clean the lens up nice. May save you 20 bucks and a week waiting for it to come:)
Old 01-18-2020, 11:25 PM   #10
Charles Colson
Not Yet Wild

CP241....No saving this one. Discolored on the inside of the gauge. But it did pop out just as you said, thanks. I guess I need to decide if I want replace OE or install the gauge that RAYDHD shared......
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha