lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2020, 07:37 PM   #1
phunter
Not Yet Wild

Default Bought a JG5, bad engine, what upgrades can I do?

Bought a JG5, body and all is in good shape but engine smokes like a freight train and knocks. We assume the engine will need to be replaced but wanted to lift it so before we make any decisions what upgrades can be done? What’s the best easiest most cost effective engine fix? New to the cart world and learning by mistakes, any help is appreciated.
phunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2020, 10:04 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Bought a JG5, bad engine, what upgrades can I do?

You could go with Don's BigBlock kit (www.plowmanscarts.com), or could go the chinese clone route (it's not much less $ than Don's motor). JG5 is a G-9, and any engine swap that's not another stock engine will require some work to mount.

Heres what I made last time I converted one from "old style" motor to "new style" motor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180914_141709802.jpg (160.3 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha