lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2020, 01:18 PM   #1
Toyz
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G1 wont get gas to carb

I have an 82 G1 and having problem getting fuel to carb I have done both seals they were bad.Changed fuel lines/filter and fuel pump I can feel the pulse coming from engine.but the gas wont pump to the carb..Any help would be appreciated.
Toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2020, 06:13 PM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: G1 wont get gas to carb

Sheesh, it seems as if you replaced all of the areas that normally cause fuel issues. Assuming that your hose connections are correct, the only thing I can fathom is a cracked or otherwise leaking fuel / vacuum line? I can't recall if G1s had check valves in the fuel like somewhere (normally in the tank) if so that may be faulty.

Also, you may want to see if it will run w/o the gas cap on to see if your tank is vented properly. Obviously, don't run it w/o the cap for very long.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 07:11 PM   #3
cardsrok
Getting Wild

You might have to prime the pump. Blow compressed air into the tank while pressing the gas pedal. Make sure you have an airtight fit blowing the air into the tank. The tank will actually expand. It worked for me.
cardsrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 07:42 AM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrok View Post
You might have to prime the pump. Blow compressed air into the tank while pressing the gas pedal. Make sure you have an airtight fit blowing the air into the tank. The tank will actually expand. It worked for me.

I use my air compressor and a blow gun. Just cover your hand over the fuel filler neck and use the blow gun in between your thumb and pointer finger.

If you don't have a compressor etc, you can blow with your face lol. I've done it. Just take a deep breath, put your mouth into the filler neck, seal your face on it, and blow baby blow!!! I'm not kidding, it works.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 12:03 PM   #5
Toyz
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks I was able to cover the carb with my hand and it primed it and it works great now almost like it new..😀
Toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 11:23 AM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Glad it worked
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha