lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2020, 06:36 PM   #1
Yamaguy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha G29 High flow exhaust

Anyone made a high-flow exhaust for a G29? I would love to buy the plowman one but it is way out of my Budget. Im not saying its not worth it just can’t afford it. I would need it to not be super loud because I use my cart at a camp grounds and don’t wanna be that guy lol.
Yamaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2020, 02:55 PM   #2
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G29 High flow exhaust

You basically just described plowman's muffler, twice the flow, same noise as stock. If you add a higher flow muffler, you're gonna need to jet the carb and mod the air box to notice a difference. Once again, Plowman has all this stuff in a kit and it works perfect. It is a bit pricey, but worth every single penny spent. Search the forum for reviews on Plowman's stuff, it all just works, seems like every other form of mod out there requires constant tinkering and tweaking and its still never perfect.

I'd suggest save up for Plowman's stuff.

Other people have used several variations of walker mufflers, but that would be waaaay overkill for a stock motor, you usually on see these types of mufflers used with clones or big block swaps.

just my $0.02, good luck with whichever route you choose!
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 03:18 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

X2

Money spent once is money well spent. Do it right the first time and be done.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 09:32 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-ROB View Post
You basically just described plowman's muffler, twice the flow, same noise as stock. If you add a higher flow muffler, you're gonna need to jet the carb and mod the air box to notice a difference. Once again, Plowman has all this stuff in a kit and it works perfect. It is a bit pricey, but worth every single penny spent. Search the forum for reviews on Plowman's stuff, it all just works, seems like every other form of mod out there requires constant tinkering and tweaking and its still never perfect.

I'd suggest save up for Plowman's stuff.

Other people have used several variations of walker mufflers, but that would be waaaay overkill for a stock motor, you usually on see these types of mufflers used with clones or big block swaps.

just my $0.02, good luck with whichever route you choose!
Well, let's be honest here, it is a little louder than the stock muffler.. certainly not way louder, or obnoxious. It has a little more ring to it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 07:57 AM   #5
Yamaguy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
X2

Money spent once is money well spent. Do it right the first time and be done.
I get that but just because it’s expensive doesn’t mean its the only right way to do it. Thats why I was asking. Again I think the plowman set up is nice and I am sure it’s high quality. How ever I have a hard time justifying $500 on a tiny golf cart muffler when I can buy a flow master cat back for my truck for that price.
Yamaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 08:53 AM   #6
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

You could do a little surgery on the stock muffler. The outlets are particularly restrictive.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 10:04 AM   #7
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

I agree with you, its expensive and sometimes expensive isn't the best way.

What I am getting at is that Don Plowman has been working on Yamaha carts since the G2 was a new model. He has done the experimenting etc. etc. etc. and came up with a solution that bolts into the stock location and works.

You can buy a $60 muffler on amazon, but then you need the different pieces of pipe and adaptors to make it work with the factory exhaust port. Depending on your fab skills you may need to get a muffler shop to weld stuff up for you or not.. Make a few runs to the hardware or auto parts store. I bet in the end if you figure up what it will cost in parts, time spent, etc. you'll save a little bit over the plowman's price.

For the plowman's price, you'll get the muffler in a couple days and have it installed in under 30 minutes. It will work properly and your cart will run better than it did before.

Depending on how you go about a DIY, you may find yourself trying to bore out carb jets and trying this or that to get it to run perfect. Some people are into that, I like to ride more than fiddle with my cart. For me it was an easy decision, buy a known item that has had all the R&D done and is proven to work. Save me time and frustration.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:34 AM   #8
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Either way you go, keep us posted, will be interested in seeing what you come up with!

Tags
exahust, performance, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha