lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2020, 09:18 AM   #1
alexcus2man
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Flat Tire with A/T 20" Tires

I am a bit disappointing and slightly confused about how this could happen. I am trying to troubleshoot whether this was a completely unlucky event or whether I could have somehow done something to prevent the flat. I have stuck to mainly street driving, and I am really curious how often people get flats with A/T tires or golf carts in general.

The PSI on all the tires was set at 28, and I am starting to think it should be decompressed to around 20psi. Any feedback on that?

Luckily, the replacement tire is just $50, but the hassle of getting it swapped out sucks, and I can't drive for over a week! I was able to get fix a flat from local auto store, and I was able to make it home for safe storage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (128.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (122.1 KB, 0 views)
alexcus2man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2020, 02:52 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Flat Tire with A/T 20" Tires

Looks like you got a big splinter from mulch or something stuck in there! I'd call it a fluke. I've run over all sorts of stuff and never had that happen. I almost never drive on pavement...

I'd put a tire plug in there and run it until the new tire shows up

And I'd NEVER run 28psi on a golf cart. 10-15 is plenty. Any more than that and you're gonna ride like crap. Golf cart foesnt weigh much so you really dont need a lot of air pressure.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:00 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Running off road tires like this at a high pressure will increase the chances of something poking the tire. I run about 10-12 psi on my golf cart tires. This gives a softer ride, more traction, and better puncture resistance.

Anytime I've gotten a flat, it's usually a stick of some sort. I have even had a thorn in my tire.

I invested about $60 in a really good quality tire plugging kit. Watch a youtube video to learn how to use one. They work great, fast, and easy. Over the last 10 years I've probably plugged 8 tires that I can remember. Saves a trip to the tire store and probably $30 for a plug service. Never had one come loose.

I also have an air compressor with a good tire inflation attachment with a built in gauge. I can't tell you how many times I've used this, worth it's weight in gold lol.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 11:02 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post

Running off road tires like this at a high pressure will increase the chances of something poking the tire. I run about 10-12 psi on my golf cart tires. This gives a softer ride, more traction, and better puncture resistance.

Anytime I've gotten a flat, it's usually a stick of some sort. I have even had a thorn in my tire.

I invested about $60 in a really good quality tire plugging kit. Watch a youtube video to learn how to use one. They work great, fast, and easy. Over the last 10 years I've probably plugged 8 tires that I can remember. Saves a trip to the tire store and probably $30 for a plug service. Never had one come loose.

I also have an air compressor with a good tire inflation attachment with a built in gauge. I can't tell you how many times I've used this, worth it's weight in gold lol.
A harbor freight tire changer machine and an xtra seal tire patch plug kit is where it's at. The xtra seal patch plugs are the best of both worlds. It's a patch on the inside of a tire, with an integral plug to pull through the hole. I've never had one fail use a hefty dose of bead sealer on top.of the plug and you'll wear out the tires before the patch.

This is the air chuck I've had for probably the last 15+ years. https://www.mactools.com/en-us/Brake...ual-Foot-Chuck
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 02:43 PM   #5
alexcus2man
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I ended up getting a plug for the splinter at a neighborhood auto/tire store. Been driving on it for a week now and the plug worked great! Ordered a spare tire just in case...
alexcus2man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flat tire, tire, wheels, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha