lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2020, 05:55 PM   #1
DP77
Not Yet Wild

Cool Advice on the right cart

I realize this is a Yamaha gas thread so there may be some inherent bias, but want to get some opinions.
Here is what I am looking for...
A quiet cart (don't want to scare the wildlife) to use on dusty ranch roads with moderate hills. Want it to be fairly smooth driving, can hold at least 4 passengers. Rugged enough to hold up on the ranch but can also used it in the neighborhood. Will need to be mildly lifted with improved tires. May go 20 miles in a day.
So would you go with Yamaha Quietech EFI model or an electric AC motor Club Car or EZGo? Or is there something else I should consider?
DP77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2020, 04:05 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Advice on the right cart

Well, lots of questions to answer....

20 miles per day? I'd go with gas so I wouldn't have to worry about ever running out of battery. Just my preference and familiarity. Sparky guys will argue their points.

Quiet? Any newer stock golf cart should be the quietest golf carts ever made. Quiet is subjective. Are they quieter than a lawn tractor or atv? Yes. Is it quieter than electric, absolutely not.

Lift kit and 4 passengers? Definitely gas, they'll handle 4 passengers without any modifications, unless you're going up steep inclines, then you might want some basic clutch modifications.

EFI? If you can afford a newer cart then yes. Older ones usually won't have efi. EFI will give the best performance and fuel efficiency vs. carburated machines.

Yamaha? Well, you answered your own question that this is the Yamaha section . I prefer Yamaha because I believe they have the best suspensions, best frames, and their engineering is the best. But, again, that's subjective. I say get what you "LIKE". Drive them all. Ask all the same questions at each dealer.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 04:55 PM   #3
DP77
Not Yet Wild

Thank you slonomo!
Anything quieter than the UTVs we use now would be a win. I can hear them coming a mile away.
Is it true the new Yamahas have independent rear suspension? That may also be a plus.
Another concern on a gas vehicle is the air filter on dusty roads. Anyone have a comment on that?
DP77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 03:41 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

New yamaha gas does have independent rear suspension (i believe it's still possible for fleet operators to order without IRS).

The yamaha does have a lot of filter capacity, shouldn't be a problem. It's not a problem in the arizona desert, unless you are expecting "once yearly service intervals" AND "extensive daily use in dusty areas" at the same time.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 08:42 AM   #5
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

One more thing to add, if you do go Yamaha gas cart and find that you need a bit more hill climbing power or speed, you can get that taken care of by the one and only Don Plowman. If you go with Club Car or EZGO you won't have the option of adding any parts from Plowman's. He can turn a stock Yamaha into a 30mph+ cart with the ability to climb just about any hill you point it at. Just my $0.02
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha