lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2020, 02:38 PM   #11
Field6565
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G1 help needed new Comet 94-c Duster clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by whelen2 View Post
Thanks for that info on the roller clutch. I have the original Enticer carb, but have to rebuild it. I also have a like new Mikuni pumper carb I could try re-jetting for it. I actually thought about going 4-stroke, but this Enticer soup-up job was pretty cheap. Oh, and I have reverse this way. My other parts will be here Monday, but now I'll have to hunt down an original secondary clutch spring. I'll keep you posted after the parts come. John
Mine ran well with the original Keihin carb but then it started acting up and replacement parts were limited. Yours has the built in fuel pump on the bottom of the carb I'm guessing? I eventually swapped out to a 34mm Mukini VM and it ran much better. Probably could've went with a 30/32 mm. It would've helped on the bottom end which these motors lack in power. Find yourself a stock secondary spring and keep us updated.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2020, 12:21 PM   #12
whelen2
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Field6565 View Post
Mine ran well with the original Keihin carb but then it started acting up and replacement parts were limited. Yours has the built in fuel pump on the bottom of the carb I'm guessing? I eventually swapped out to a 34mm Mukini VM and it ran much better. Probably could've went with a 30/32 mm. It would've helped on the bottom end which these motors lack in power. Find yourself a stock secondary spring and keep us updated.
I might just pickup a Mikuni 32mm carb and then test the other carbs I have against that. As for the stock secondary spring???? I've checked the big auction site, but all that I seem to find there are upgrade/low torque replacements. I find no original G1 secondary springs. Where in the devil can I find one? Heck, I don't even know what color the original spring was?
whelen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 12:47 PM   #13
Field6565
Gone Wild

The original G1 secondary spring is gold. Try to find a site that has parts diagrams so you can get the part number on the spring. TNT GOLF CARTS will work. Then google it to find one for sell. Those torque springs you see for sale work well with the 4 stroke carts. The 2 strokes have different requirements to make good power.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:33 PM   #14
whelen2
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
The original G1 secondary spring is gold. Try to find a site that has parts diagrams so you can get the part number on the spring. TNT GOLF CARTS will work. Then google it to find one for sell. Those torque springs you see for sale work well with the 4 stroke carts. The 2 strokes have different requirements to make good power.
Thanks for tip on locating the stock spring and I'll try and hunt one up tomorrow. Toooooo tired tonight so it's beddy-bye time for this old fart.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:16 PM   #15
whelen2
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Wow! I thought your tip on finding that original gold secondary spring would put me right onto one, but not. Those gold springs must really be gold and people are hording them or something. Every place so far says,"discontinued or out of stock". I'd like to get this done, but have to find the darn spring first.
Old 07-12-2020, 05:21 PM   #16
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I would try Plowman's Carts. Don Plowman specializes in Yamaha golf carts and I know he has parts for G1 carts. He may not have the "original" but he'll have one that is close or better.

https://www.plowmanscarts.com/

I just looked on his site and he has a nice Team Industries performance primary clutch that would be worth looking at, especially for your Enticer setup.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 06:25 PM   #17
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You might be able to use a G2/G9/G16 and grind the ends off I'm not sure. If you tune the clutch you may not need a HD spring.

I run a 94c on my clone with a cam and rod and ported head, etc. It is a ribbed cover model. It had the pink spring in it and after much screwing around I found that weak spring shifts too much on top end the rpm would drop the faster I went. I finally got the black spring its stiffer then it would rev high on take off, too high. I cut a lot off that spring its over 1" shorter now and it works pretty nice. Engagement is function of spring length. I didn't want it way high just a little higher than stock. The pucks weight control shift rpm mostly. If you have the ribbed cover try the black one, if you have a smooth cover there is a spring with similar ratings. If it engages too high start cutting it down. I think I have 3 heavy and 3 light pucks in it now idr, I posted it here someplace. It shifts about 4100 rpm. Another issue I had with it is you need some slop in the belt or it wont shift until you hit 10mph or so. I had to move my engine and run a longer belt as my engine was hitting the trans to be in the right spot.

I don't know if you will want a sled setup in that, they rev a lot and its probably not needed with a cart or you will peel the tires every time you take off. Tracks are harder to get going in the snow.

If you use a sled cylinder you will need the pipe with it to make power it made. It will need to rev to make the beans like sleds do. If you get the pipe in there you can try to make the head part longer near engine, that will lower the powerband a little. Assuming you mod the pipe to fit in there. Note how long the G1 head pipe is. The G1 was recommended to use the G9 clutch as a replacement. because it has about the same powerband stock. it just can rev much higher but does not make power up there. I had one mostly stock that did over 30 down the road on stock tires.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 11:13 PM   #18
Field6565
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
You might be able to use a G2/G9/G16 and grind the ends off I'm not sure.
I was going to suggest the same thing. Those springs are definitely available new. I think I have a couple of them in my garage right now.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:38 PM   #19
whelen2
Not Yet Wild

This blind pig might just find his ear of corn tomorrow. I just was told there is a golf cart junkyard about seven miles from my cottage where I'm at. It's called JBC Golf Carts in the town of Farwell, Mi.. Going to take a run over there tomorrow and see what they have.
Old 07-16-2020, 01:11 PM   #20
whelen2
Not Yet Wild

Just an update! Everything is on hold since my granddaughter tested positive and might have exposed my wife and I to Covid-19. I sure will feel better when this thing is finally squashed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha