lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2020, 07:58 AM   #1
Stegs
Not Yet Wild

Default new belt issues-what did i do wrong?

2015 yamaha g29 gas

original belt still in the cart and its worn down

the original belt part number is j55-g6241-00

I ordered the belt i was told, a gboost dbyaj57H. This belt is really tight and seems to slip until half throttle and then grabs

Doesnt seem like the right belt. Put original belt back on and the cart works great......

Did I order the wrong belt? was i suppose to get the dbyaj56H?

I have the new style clutches, totally different from my 2007 yamaha g29 I sold

Mine has the greasable primary and secondary, and the pumpkin style rear end

PS, I do have the HD clutch spring for better hill climbing if that makes any issues!!
Stegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2020, 08:50 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: new belt issues-what did i do wrong?

I don't know your cart at all but know belts pretty well.

Unfortunately, there are quite a number of cart vendors out there that, apparently, don't pay a ton of attention to proper belts / sizes. I have received the wrong one on a number of occasions now. Sending the darn things back often doesn't make sense given the cost of shipping vs. price of the belt. I tend to keep whatever I get as someone at my campground will invariably need one at some point.

That said, I would try again with another supplier.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:22 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I had the same issue with mine and haven’t fixed it yet. I thought the 57 was correct also as I have a 2016. Have been told by multiple people it is correct and I don’t think they make the 56 anymore. Been meaning to call Plowmans but haven’t done it. Here is my thread if you would please go look and see if your clutches look like mine. https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=155820
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:39 PM   #4
Stegs
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
I had the same issue with mine and haven’t fixed it yet. I thought the 57 was correct also as I have a 2016. Have been told by multiple people it is correct and I don’t think they make the 56 anymore. Been meaning to call Plowmans but haven’t done it. Here is my thread if you would please go look and see if your clutches look like mine. https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=155820

yes i have the same clutches. My old 2007 g29 had a totally different style than what i have now.

The stock belt works fine, but its worn down and likely to be the original.

I want to order a new one. I found a spot that has the "56" for sale. Genuine gboost belt.

But i want to make sure its the right one before i buy another 40 dollar belt.

I cant a genuine yamaha belt either....just aftermarket.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:58 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Call up Gboost, they are very helpful.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:56 PM   #6
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Gates 24G3884, Google this number this is the drive belt I am using sense I replaced my Team Clutches for the new JW8 style clutches. I bought mine off Amazon but it is also listed at Oreilly Auto Parts. It has less free space than the JW1 but I like how it operates. It will engage sooner which helps when backing out of a tight space just using the starter motor.

PS to install it I loosen up the driven clutch which works for me.
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 05:52 AM   #7
Stegs
Not Yet Wild

https://beltpalace.com/dbyaj56h.html

This is where i bought my dbya57H belt from. Shipping was quick

It is a genuine Gboost belt too, not a cheap knock off.

It says part number is a replacement for my belt....so im going to give them a call if i have time

I do have a local supply house about 10 min from me that sells gates belts. I can price out that belt from them and see what the cost difference is.

edit: called my local supplier and he doesnt stock that belt. Confirmed that gates part number is a cross reference to my yamaha belt

ill give this one a try. Its got to be better than my 5 year old stock belt that i have now
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha