lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2020, 07:58 AM   #1
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default 2016 Yamaha EFI Drive Engine Light

I have a 2016 yamaha G29 FUEL INJECTED with an engine light that stays constantly light after 10-15 seconds of driving(starting) the cart.

Completed steps:
1)Check oil; it was filthy but properly filled
2)Replaced oil with 10w-30 (1 qt), confirmed level on dipstick
3)Visual inspected oil sensor switch; checked for continuity w/ engine off (open/normal)
4)Disconnected oil switch; no change (engine light still on after driving)

I suppose a couple notes may help:
No strange noises are present
I have driven the cart intermittently to only discover this problem; maybe 3-5 min intervals at most, in efforts to avoid any engine damage
During this time; at lower speeds the engine light stays off. Any throttle position above 70% instantaneously triggers the engine light to stay on. Again, slowing down or stop/starting the cart keeps the engine light off.

During these few test drives the engine light has never flashed to indicated a fault code. It simply stays illuminated.

The only minor change I made was attempt to adjust the throttle cable linkage, it seemed to be super sensitive to any pressure. Therefore, I attempted to give the linkage some "slack", but there was little to no adjustment available. I changed it back to as close to its original position as possible. (I believe the engine light was present before this adjustment, but just never noticed it)

Thanks in advance,
Brad
10507581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2020, 11:55 AM   #2
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2016 Yamaha EFI Drive Engine Light

Good news, here is the fix.

Damaged Voltage Regulator wires. Cut, solder, insulated. Good to GO
10507581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 12:39 PM   #3
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2016 Yamaha EFI Drive Engine Light

Good stuff thanks for the update!
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha