lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2020, 12:19 PM   #1
Dogmike
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Red face 2012 Yamaha Drive, jumpy acceleration at low speed.

Hello there. I am having issues on my 12 yamaha drive at low speeds. It seems there is a sweet spot that I can sometimes hit with the pedal but most of the time its jumpy at low speed and when first taking off. I'm not sure if this is a carb adjustment or cable adjustment. The clutches are working smoothly so I dont think the problem is there. I can barely press the pedal and the motor turns over, when I press slightly more is when the jumpy acceleration starts. Once I am moving I have no issues at all. Any help would be appreciated. (I'm new to the Yamaha's)
Thanks in advance.
Dogmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2020, 01:05 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 2012 Yamaha Drive, jumpy acceleration at low speed.

Check your accelerator cable that goes from the pedal to the governor on the transaxle. Make sure it's not kinked or bent weird. Also follow the cable from the governor to the carb and check it too. If you can spray some WD40 in the cable and work the cable back and forth. If it's rusty in there at all the cable will stick and cause bad throttle action.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 01:59 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Check the throttle blade at the carb to see if its closing all the way. Disconnect the cable, back the very top adjuster screw off until theres a gap, then tighten it until it "just touches, but does not at all open" the throttle. Reconnect the cable. Chech that theres some slack in the cable (this part is just as important as the carb adjust part).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 04:31 PM   #4
Dogmike
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the information from both of you. I think I'll check the cables first just to make sure everything is moving freely. I had the carb off a month ago or so to clean it (found sand in bottom of bowl). With the carb off, the butterfly closes all the way. If I still have issues after checking the cables I will pull the carb off again and check it out. When I find out what the problem was I'll let you guys know.
Dogmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 05:38 PM   #5
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I am going to throw something at the wall and see if it sticks. When I first got my cart it came with a worn out belt. Without knowing better I bought an after market belt and when taking off it jumped and deposited rubber on the face of the clutches. I bought an OEM belt and cleaned the face of the clutches with mineral spirits and the problem was solved.
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carberautor adjustment, drive, g29, throttle adjustment
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha