lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2020, 10:32 AM   #1
Gmfryer
Not Yet Wild

Default Brake Light Circuit Help.

I have a 2010 G29 with turn signals an brake lights. The brake lights have been working but have now stopped. All fuses are good. Does anyone have any wiring diagrams or schematics that shows the brake light complete circuit. My brake light switch on the brake pedal is opening and closing when I check it with an ohm meter. My time delay relay is OK because I swapped it with another and the problem still exists. All turn signals operate properly.

All help appreciated.

Greg
Gmfryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2020, 02:01 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Brake Light Circuit Help.

Is this factory installed lights, or aftermarket?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 04:49 PM   #3
Gmfryer
Not Yet Wild

Probably factory but I have no idea since I bought it used 5 years ago.
Old 08-27-2020, 01:54 AM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

Have a pic of your delay timer? And, where was the timer located? How many wires on it?
Old 08-27-2020, 11:59 AM   #5
Gmfryer
Not Yet Wild

Delay timer is a J42-85590-01 and is located under the center cup holders of the dash with three wires but it is not the problem. I went back again through the circuit, removing the floor cover to get to the brake pedal. I first disconnected the brake switch and shorted the two wires together and the brake lights came on, so circuit to lights is good. Then I did an ohm, check on the brake switch and it was good. I reattached the wires to the switch and tried the brake again, no brake lights. I then pulled on the spring that attaches to the brake light switch and the brake lights came on. I did some adjusting on the linkage to the brake light switch and now the brake lights come on each time the brake pedal is depressed. I would still like to find a wiring diagram and a schematic of this circuit but at least it is working now.
Old 08-27-2020, 01:46 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

Sounds like it is factory lights, I doubt I can get a diagram. Factory lights are treated as "parts & accessories" by yamaha, therefore wiring diagrams arent readily available.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha